Welcome Newbies!

Hello I everyone,
I am from Anaheim. And I recently took up hunting. Don’t really know much, but have been watching meat eater non-stop lol. So I caught a few tricks. I just got my hunting license along with my R700 .308. Was looking up tips and locations around SoCal and came across this gem. I was thinking of going this November 1-3. Hopefully it’s not too late to catch me a buck. Could use some help from the successful hunters in this page.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might be too late if you don't already have a tag. Unless you wanna go AO.. there should be some of those left.

How’s it going?... New to the site..I’ve been looking to get into hunting and thought this might be a good place to start. I from So Cal if that helps any... I would like to get any tips or insight on how to get started.. and help would be greatly appreciated thanks

How’s it going?... New to the site..I’ve been looking to get into hunting and thought this might be a good place to start. I from So Cal if that helps any... I would like to get any tips or insight on how to get started.. and help would be greatly appreciated thanks

What kind of hunting would you like to start with?...Owning a good, huntable shotgun is a great place to start...Many more hunting opportunities in the upland world.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I’m interested in bow hunting but I am open to anything. I’m familiar with guns so I would like to try something different whenever possible..
do you mean Uplan , CA??

Welcome, & I think he meant Unpland Game. A shotgun will get you out in the woods since there is more opportunity for small game out here. Try searching the forum because a lot has been covered in the past but feel free to ask away. Lots of good info from knowledgable people on this site. What part of SoCal are you from?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Welcome, & I think he meant Upland Game. A shotgun will get you out in the woods since there is more opportunity for small game out here. Try searching the forum because a lot has been covered in the past but feel free to ask away. Lots of good info from knowledgable people on this site. What part of SoCal are you from?
I’m in the Inland empire.. about an hour out from Big Bear

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TomTom8302
Hello,

Tom here...Newb to the forum, been involved with CalGuns and SDFish on and off over the last several years. Went on my first hunt in almost 20yrs with @Horto619 & @ilovesprig up in SJ. Had a "blast" soaking up some knowledge and spending time outdoors. Currently San Diego area based, from Ontario/Chino area, open to hunting and fishing anywhere I get the opportunity.

Just dropping a line to say hello to everybody, and I hope I get to meet a few more members and spend some time on the field or at the range.

I’m in the Inland empire.. about an hour out from Big Bear
I get up your way every so often to visit family on the weekends and whatnot. If you wanna get after some yotes or anything bigger in the high desert (depending on season), hit me up, maybe we can plan a trip. I've seen quite a few solid tracks in some areas...

Hello,

Tom here...Newb to the forum, been involved with CalGuns and SDFish on and off over the last several years. Went on my first hunt in almost 20yrs with @Horto619 & @ilovesprig up in SJ. Had a "blast" soaking up some knowledge and spending time outdoors. Currently San Diego area based, from Ontario/Chino area, open to hunting and fishing anywhere I get the opportunity.

Just dropping a line to say hello to everybody, and I hope I get to meet a few more members and spend some time on the field or at the range.
Welcome Tom. Glad you got out with Steve and Jorge. Good times.

Reactions: TomTom8302
Hello everyone,
I just picked up a used mathews z7 bow. And I was wondering what em I looking at in terms of getting ready for hunting with it? Like what do I need? I know I have to get it tuned to me. Iam in Socal Anaheim.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu