SCH OUTDOORS

Welcome Newbies!

Thank you!! I apologize I’m not quite sure what Larry’s old haunt is.
Trust me you don't want to know..Welcome! There are lots of good people here who can share valuable knowledge. Just search the threads and ask questions.. there are a handful of dudes in your neck of the woods on here. Keep an eye out for the Turkey Tune Up event posts..its definitely worth the drive down!!
 
Im a lifelong saltwater fisherman who moved to Pine Valley. My time on the water has reduced with my inland residency. However, my time in the mountains has planted a new seed of desire. I too want to miserably hunt in the D16!

I’m currently shed hunting and setting up trail cams to see what’s around. Would appreciate any insights and experience that is shared. See you in the mountains.
 
You may a get a Larry sighting..although rare do to the guilly suit and all . but possible!! Welcome!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Turtle
Im a lifelong saltwater fisherman who moved to Pine Valley. My time on the water has reduced with my inland residency. However, my time in the mountains has planted a new seed of desire. I too want to miserably hunt in the D16!

I’m currently shed hunting and setting up trail cams to see what’s around. Would appreciate any insights and experience that is shared. See you in the mountains.

Welcome to SCH,

The "16" can be tough, but every year guys get 'em on public...Hunt the edges, try to hunt week days, and scout, scout, scout.... :blush:

Saw this guy a few days ago...On private, but not far from public...Good luck



IMG_4190.JPG
 
Sorry about last post. Phone was glitchy.

Here’s some pics from todays scouting:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6209.jpeg
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    966.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6210.jpeg
    IMG_6210.jpeg
    917.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6203.jpeg
    IMG_6203.jpeg
    997.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6200.jpeg
    IMG_6200.jpeg
    616.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6196.jpeg
    IMG_6196.jpeg
    978.4 KB · Views: 14
Not sure if I should start here...but new to SCHOutddors. My name is Joseph from the Temecula area. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a novice solo bow hunter and have hunted the "16" for a few seasons already. If anyone is looking for a hunting partner locally or out of state let me know and drop me a message! always on the lookout for a dedicated hunting partner.
 
Howdy! Stoked to be here. New to hunting, Old to guns, target, skeet. I'm a fairly avid outdoors person-- Backpacking, climbing, backcountry ski touring and few other hobbies non related. SAR and Ski Patrol vet, which comes with OEC ( think WFR ) Mountain Rescue etc... Anyway, happy to be here and get moving. All set with Hunters Safety in CA, licenses purchased and I put in for some Wednesdays at San Jacinto. My primary interests are "Long walks on the beach" -- JK, Long walks to find Upland and Waterfowl etc ( to start ) .. I have no hunting friends here in Socal- ( Yet) But do on the eastside / Crowley etc... So hoping to find folks to learn from locally. Thanks! - OH, Based in north county San Diego, but I put miles on my truck like its going out of style.
 
Do the burger night with the turkey guys...you,ll get dialed in down there for sure...Welcome!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Endneu913

About us

SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience. Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.