Well boys

I hate AZ..too hot and marginal on hunting at best...that being said...it's a Great place to live!!! Come on!! I know a guy or 2..

Dry heat...hot as fck for a good 6 months..other 6 months tolerable..AC bill at the compound during summer is 800 plus a month...thats when I take off to the central coast of CA and have Mrs Hatchet work Overtime so I can Hunt ..

Housing is better and reasonable. Plus hunting and fishing is better, Idaho, Utah, are out of this guy price now. Nevada is cheap, most house is on bad shape. So far unless in popular areas, then the price jumps sky high. I still have business in San diego. So the drive is not to long 4-6 hours.

Nevada will really hurt you when it comes to hunting and fishing opportunities as tags are fewer and far between, that wold be a deal killer for me. AZ will let you fish and hunt multiple big game animals almost year round and tags can be easily attained. I would give Kingman a really hard look. Its affordable and you are really close to the river (Bullhead) you also have Laughlin and Havasu near by. You would also be close to the mountains and all the opportunities there.

I would also get familiar this website, it has great intel on pricing, crime, schools, wages, rent and so on... https://www.city-data.com/

Any body live near or at kingman az, good deals
I don't live there but have passed through a lot. Population is about 35,000, ave house price in in the 280k area. Temps push 100 during the summer.Not really much in the way of hunting close by, maybe some quail. About 85 miles from Colorado river where you can find some decent fishing once you learn the river. My friends live in Payson and they love it, even if they didn't they would never admit it. Not too far from Lake Roosevelt, which can have decent quail hunting and fishing and when the lake is up. Population is around 15k.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Dam the california exodus has cause housing prices to go up in other states.
Any body in southern nevada near Las Vegas area.
My buddy moved up to Post Falls / CDA Idaho early 2002-ish with Buck Knives, when it was very affordable to buy & build a nice house. Within 5+ years, Idaho residence were ticked-off at the escalation of real estate pricing, and it's still climbing.... just don't drive a rig there with CA Lic Plates ;)

Reactions: longbowhunter2
My buddy moved up to Post Falls / CDA Idaho early 2002-ish with Buck Knives, when it was very affordable to buy & build a nice house. Within 5+ years, Idaho residence were ticked-off at the escalation of real estate pricing, and it's still climbing.... just don't drive a rig there with CA Lic Plates ;)
The funny thing is that they are the ones asking inflated prices for their homes and accepting bids that are over asking. Bet they're not PO'ed when they sell their home for much more than they bought it for. "You guys are driving home process up! BTW - I'm asking $800,000 for my used to be $400,000 house."

Property and Housing are the safest investment there is. In my lifetime I have seen many economic crashes and housing will level off but I have never seen a collapse in the housing market. A good example is to look at when the last economic downturn was in the housing market when the loan industry collapsed but home prices stayed relatively stable the did go down some but recovered very quickly

Slinky
I do agree, but people buy on margin , speculation that their investment will raise.
I own 3 homes bought and sold over 45 years.
Back in 1990 the housing and economy took a dump. Many people homes got foreclosed.
Google how many homes get foreclosure.

But I believe best investment is a property. Or was . The politicians and big business is making it tough. Just saw a video big corporation are buying up all development for rentals.
For us little guys they are trying to gas tax mileage tax, fart tax, take poop tax, you name it
All the insurance companies are leaving California. So now california fai plain which is really the california rip off plan is now costing me double. Same with car insurance. They are saying f this and are leaving. No we are in for a rough ride ,because other states are watching this. And are saying well if california can do so can we.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu