What shells do you like for Turkey?

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
I was wondering what non-tox do you guys like for Turkey?

I am planing on shooting a 3" shell in my 20ga.

These are some patterns from a couple of days ago.... 2 3/4" TSS 1 3/4 oz #9's at 30, 40, and 50 yds....Shot thru a Benelli M-2 20 gauge with standard Benelli full choke.

I've had good patterns with 3" 1 1/4 oz Hevi-Shot # 6's too....Again, thru a standard full choke.

ps....This look is thru the reverse side of shot.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
X2 Federal TSS non toxic is the best
From reviews. Longest distances.
Hevi shot is next.
Bismuth is third.
Bismuth is better than steel but
Shy under lead. But safe with old shotguns.
You mileage will very.

Lee,

My friend Phil who reloads these TSS loads talked about these wads....They're a special blend of plastic, so the shot does not burn thru....Again, the little more open choke seemed to pattern better.

This pattern was at 40 yds with 2 oz. of TSS 9's ...Jellyhead choke, Benelli M-2, 12 gauge gun.

Thanks guys.

Woooww I found a couple of boxes of Federal TSS #7, 20ga 3" 1.5 OZ...for 29.99 plus Tax for 5 Shells!....I guess one can't afford to miss a shot...I mean literally!
And pattering the shotgun is another 3 shells or so..ay caramba.

I called another shop and they recommended size 2 shot!...what da heck? It never amazes me.

Are there any more affordable options? I know you pay for quality.

Thanks guys.

Woooww I found a couple of boxes of Federal TSS #7, 20ga 3" 1.5 OZ...for 29.99 plus Tax for 5 Shells!....I guess one can't afford to miss a shot...I mean literally!

I called another shop and they recommended size 2 shot!...what da heck? It never amazes me.

There is Hevi-13's (5 or 6's), and Hevi-Shot Blend (5, 6,7)….The price will be similar to TSS....Bass Pro....$24.99

Steel duck loads are legal (7/8 oz), but are you willing to take the chance on wounding a bird, because you wanted to save a few bucks?

ps....Don't shoot #2....Even if you could find it....You're shooting at the head & neck.

Hevi 3" 5-6-7 or TSS #9 should do, its not like shooting dove.

Thanks guys.

Get a pellet gun. Less than a nickel per shot.

c11186de5b1d43eb01310b06da32108f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu