Why we wear Snake Boots or Gaiters

From the track on the dirt road that looks like it was a sidewinder. They do give live birth as I once skinned one run over that had nine babies inside. Thank god they were all dead.

From the track on the dirt road that looks like it was a sidewinder. They do give live birth as I once skinned one run over that had nine babies inside. Thank god they were all dead.

Sidewinders are desert dwellers & are kind of small.....This track was 3" wide.

.The sidewinder ranges from the Mojave and Sonoran deserts of southeastern California, western Arizona, southern Nevada, and southwestern Utah. Sidewinders are often found in arid deserts, flatlands, loose, sandy washes, hard pan flats, and rocky areas below 5,000 feet. Sidewinders are also common among hummocks that are topped with creosote where their food source of kangaroo rats and other rodents live. This is the smallest and least dangerous snake in Nevada. However, this is the most common snake in the Las Vegas Valley. In Las Vegas, they are fairly common on the lower slopes of alluvial fans.

Man, now I need to add a pair of gaiters to my list. This turkey hunting stuff is getting expensive

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu