Will scout for food...

Also..remember..onx is an app...its not the golden guide to where you can and can not hunt..it has its place for sure, and can be very useful...but remember..its an app..

Reactions: SteveHazard
Also..remember..onx is an app...its not the golden guide to where you can and can not hunt..it has its place for sure, and can be very useful...but remember..its an app..

Yep Matty...Land around Lake Henshaw says Mendenhall Cattle Co. (they lease it)...VID owns the land...Poachers galore this season... :angery:

Reactions: HATCHET1
Exactly...every year i have a few onx internet hunters that step over the boundary on the 2 acres that is clearly marked by fence..signs..and locks and reads
private property as its been for the last 20 years because there internet app known as ONX says its ok to do so...LOL..they get an education real quick..im really not as patient as i once was...old and stauncey now.

Ya know, I'm sure there's a few who get the most, because they've done the work and have their spots. I get it, and don't want that info, as a gimme would be like getting cheat codes to your fav vid game. I have friends who would pay to join the MCC, or similar. While I have the money to do that, it would not be the same as if I found them myself, or with the help of someone who wants to work as hard. While masochistic, I can pay someone to take me on a high fence hunt, but what's the point?
I think that's why I dig elk. Lot's of country, and it tests my skills calling them. I'm learning how to call muleys, as they're in my back yard(ish).

I think SoCal muley hunting is one of the hardest in the U.S., which is why I'm in. I have never done whitetail, but may someday, as I hear it's tastier. But, I like the hard as$ learning curve of these muleys. I have a friend who pulled a G3 tag, and while I probably should have gone with him on the hunt, did not as someone else said it was not indicative of how hard it is to hunt muleys here. I feel kinda stupid for not going along for the experience, but back then I was 100% elk, no deer.
Now, I would go...

So, in terms of Bassets, my first (as an adult - with my wife) was Molly, and was tha one. Old soul, sweetheart, etc. Here's a few pics. Had to take pics of pics on my office wall...
View attachment 41952[

Ya know, I'm sure there's a few who get the most, because they've done the work and have their spots. I get it, and don't want that info, as a gimme would be like getting cheat codes to your fav vid game. I have friends who would pay to join the MCC, or similar. While I have the money to do that, it would not be the same as if I found them myself, or with the help of someone who wants to work as hard. While masochistic, I can pay someone to take me on a high fence hunt, but what's the point?
I think that's why I dig elk. Lot's of country, and it tests my skills calling them. I'm learning how to call muleys, as they're in my back yard(ish).

I think SoCal muley hunting is one of the hardest in the U.S., which is why I'm in. I have never done whitetail, but may someday, as I hear it's tastier. But, I like the hard as$ learning curve of these muleys. I have a friend who pulled a G3 tag, and while I probably should have gone with him on the hunt, did not as someone else said it was not indicative of how hard it is to hunt muleys here. I feel kinda stupid for not going along for the experience, but back then I was 100% elk, no deer.
Now, I would go...

So, in terms of Bassets, my first (as an adult - with my wife) was Molly, and was tha one. Old soul, sweetheart, etc. Here's a few pics. Had to take pics of pics on my office wall...
View attachment 41952View attachment 41952
nice pups... well I definitely dont shoot a plethura of deer or any mammal for that matter lol.... I do scout my but off though! Ive hunted D16 since I was 12 and every now and then I shoot a good one in my eyes. It is a tough zone for sure. I camp once a year in D19 also for family stuff and have scouted the south end of that zone. Never hunted it but I do have some pics and may be some intel on where ive seen good bucks in the 19. I will PM some stuff to you..... not everything is a conspiracy its just the internet!

Reactions: YETI
Just found the list of properties for PLM :eek:
I think I expected just a modicum of similarities between the Montana BMA, and the CA PLM...just a smidgen. If my wife were here, I'd have her slap me.
Don't know what the hell I was thinking. I've lived in the People's Republic of California for years and years, and I still forget occasionally, and start to dream...

I have seen many discrepancies in OnX and actual property lines. Usually, you can look at the terrain, and kinda get a bearing on what's what.
This is particularly true when hunting the northeast side of San Felipe, as it's a tight squeeze, snaking in and out of private.

It's been good, to wide open on mid-grade tuna offshore, and yet, I'd rather get boot time right now, even without a tag.
I remember catching my first white seabass off La Jolla. We'd put in months of going out, staying out all night, coming back empty-handed, groggy, and still having to clean the damn boat. As my buddy pulled the gaff over the side, we could see it was at least 60lbs. It was quiet, then we both started laughing, as we had finally done it, and this thing was ridiculously large for an inshore fish. It was late at night, but we could hear music, and see ppl dancing at one of the hotels on the shore.

That's what will keep me motivated over the next few years, until I get a muley, locally.

Keep at it dude..you are on the right track...hard work gonna payoff soon. Get some!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu