Yuma Doves? Not so much.

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
After 18 years of 30 minute limits in Yuma I can say with disappointment that our annual Yuma dove hunt was poor. The opener was slow and HOT. Very few birds.

The local DFG told us a powerful wind storm blew thru Yuma late last week and scattered the birds.

Today we got limits but in took 6 hours and several relocations. Weather was cool and over cast so that was nice.

Any good reports on doves out there?

Sorry to hear Teachonother, I usually go to Yuma myself and blew it off due to our recent return from Utah. The field we usually hunted was 3/4 plowed under last year and the hunting was slow also. I went down to El Centro with Mike and friends and killed it, although it did take a few hours and I was home by noon.

Keep on hunting,
Larry Cochran

Sorry to hear that I heard some pretty good hunting down that way. Like Larry said we smacked them early. The one thing I like about our spot in El Centro is that we really get allot of Eurasions which we smacked quiet a few, good hunting.

We had a group of four people.My step dad my buddy Vic and his 13 year old son little Vic and myself.Opening morning we had three limits by 6:30.Little Vic only had two birds but he was still shooting,and shooting and shooting.He shot 180 rounds but got his ten birds by 7:30.
Second morning was a little tougher but again the three of us limited around the same time 7:10.Little Vic limited about 8:00.We didn't count his rounds like the first morning but the kid burned a lot of rounds. This was his third time dove hunting and the first time he got a limit so he was pretty happy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu