0 More Day Until Turkey Season!

Re: 1 More Day Until Turkey Season!

Dude I was cracking up when u posted that

Ok guys, I'm about to call it a night but got a double bearded tom down this morning. Story and pics soon to follow.

I didn't get to get after turkeys today but my buddy sent me a picture of one he shot. Just curious if most are hunting public or private? I've hunted on Indian land a couple of times.

Good I need something to read. Starting to think about stopping passing on jakes. Just to posts something

Sdbirds said:
Good I need something to read. Starting to think about stopping passing on jakes. Just to posts something
I wouldnt pass on a jake theirs people have been shootin the birds off the roost their not a single bird on public yesterday that i saw and i hiked more than 5 miles

D16hunter said:
Sdbirds said:
I wouldnt pass on a jake theirs people have been shootin the birds off the roost their not a single bird on public yesterday that i saw and i hiked more than 5 miles

Thought you had them in your driveway?

D16hunter said:
Sdbirds said:

I hunted close to where u were the same day we had about 8 legal birds in range. Held out for something bigger. I can only kill 2 more get something worth a picture

SD I need to go hunt with you I would be happy with a jake for my first bird. You must have the turkey whisper skill going

Rogerskd said:
SD I need to go hunt with you I would be happy with a jake for my first bird. You must have the turkey whisper skill going

We will see I have a few people I still need to take. As for my turkey whispering skills. They really don't like to talk to me right now. My decoy is what did it last time or they were just walking by. Also I've never had much luck with decoys( becides bobcats and coyoteys. Lol i should use Turkey calls for predator hunting )but I'm switching it up to make these birds come check me out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu