0 More Day Until Turkey Season!

Re: 25 More Days Until Turkey Season!

toms are already mounting hens

Matagi - I am confused. Can you clarify the above term. Not sure I understand! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL! i havent heard that term humping in years! 8)

Hens are still flocked up in Meas Grande but the toms and jake's are following and strutting for them,I think it will be awhile longer before it goes off.

Ummmm I can't wait

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 196

Matagi said:
A little info from the field, toms are already mounting hens in some areas but In other areas the spring dispersal hasn't really started yet. Lot more gobbling activity on the roost but not as much once off the roost. Toms are fighting much more and jakes are separating away from all the adult play. We have a cold front moving in this week so hopefully that will keep the hens quiet. Gobbling activity should be either near peak it at peak.

Deputies found a c*ck fighting ring in the North County near Fallbrook. Is that kind of the same thing?

24 more days to go...

Lmao Breacher, I think it might be the same thing...

Went out to scout today...just hens no visible tons

Attachments

• IMAG0302.jpg
    IMAG0302.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 15
Re: 20 More Days Until Turkey Season!

20 More Days Until Turkey Season!

Re: 19 More Days Until Turkey Season!

Went up to a spot on palomar today and saw the biggest flock I have ever seen up there. Got to watch four full fanned gobblers strutting with five jakes, three satellite toms, and twenty six hens. No gobbling but the toms were strutting non stop for two hours.

Re: 17 More Days Until Turkey Season!

D16hunter, are you hunting one of the youth hunts in the county? If you need a public land spot i can point you in the right direction, I found several not so hard to find areas holding good birds yesterday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu