12/22 Wister - is this how it works?

Lol,☝ im that guy and i been going there 50 yrs.lol.but i just go give me a blind,and bam,roll with it.

on the socal waterfowl group another hunter said he would give me these decoys after he is done hunting with him on Saturday out at Wister.

Whats the strategy behind setting them up? I was thinking a large group offshore with two small sets on the right and left of the blind.

39B8891E-E600-4730-AA3A-8D43DBB9B6BB.jpeg
2DDDCEA0-0FFD-4C32-80B1-33A917064751.jpeg
17E42AC3-FD88-4DD7-9AB0-A8FF179BFAF3.jpegCCB5F3AA-8F9E-4660-BF94-25A0F1B82056.jpeg

Just like someone previously stated on the Facebook page, these decoys should go to a new hunter junior hunter. NOT YOU. You’re Facebook shows you hunt with a nice compound bow, have the latest fishing gear, and have frestored a corvette. Let these go to someone who actually needs the freebie.

If you've never been there before, heck even if you go there all the time, don't be afraid to ask the staff about blinds. You may get a specific answer or a general answer. Don't listen to those that say never ask questions. You are paying to hunt there, ask away.

Just like someone previously stated on the Facebook page, these decoys should go to a new hunter junior hunter. NOT YOU. You’re Facebook shows you hunt with a nice compound bow, have the latest fishing gear, and have frestored a corvette. Let these go to someone who actually needs the freebie.

It said first come first served. Facebook stalkers, Im honored.

Everything on my facebook can be done by any one that gets off the couch. The most valuable thing on that page is time spent in the field. I don't just buy that equipment, I graduate to it.

Last edited:
You are paying to hunt there, ask away.

Sounds similar to the skybuster mentality.... I paid to hunt here... i am going to shoot my gun.

I agree, nothing wrong in asking the staff about spots. Doing so right in the middle of picking blinds is not the best time to do so.

Hunting the public refuges does not replace the need to scout.

Trapline, you are a douche. Lazy too. Do some of your own research. I hope no one replies with any more information in this thread.

The good thing is that you have a Sunday draw. You are too stupid to know what that means. You will find out. That is funny as heck.

If you scratching your head like what happened let me bring you up to speed.

So yesterday in all my lazyness I had a day off work, first in many weeks, I’m sitting on the couch looking over facebook and I see this post

“I have some duck and coot decoys I would like to give away to give away prefer to give them some one starting but first come first serve they are located in Wister I will not be down until 12/21 got to get off this moon phase”

So I was like this is my first duck hunt, I will be at Wister 12/21, I have no decoys, its a first for my hunting partners, they have no decoys. So I said I will take 5 of them, pick me some lucky ones. He responded back and said thats all you want you can have all of them if you want. So I said OK, and thanked him. He was going to hunt with them sat and then I could have them after his hunt.

So in the mean time a total third party “self appointed free classified sherrif” went on my facebook page and decided by looking at it that I made to much money to ask for these decoys. I am not turning over my tax returns Hillary. Also that I should have to purchase decoys on my own and these decoys should go to someone poor or a jr.hunter. Not someone like me. I have a hunch he was second come, second served. I think third come, third served is posting ^^^^ up there.

so I gathered my photos and posted the pics above to get some good advice this forum is known for on how to set them up. I have no clue, we are going to be at Wister like 3 virgins in a braufel, figured it out last time. Even if not many hunters on a Sunday has the birds hold up at a vacant site we will still learn from the experience, and try again next time.

so if there is anything to gain from all of this it would be this.

31094F4E-2DB2-4032-8E0D-9C683C005EDF.gif

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu