2022 Whitetail Extravaganza blog

I'm on the brown with you!! FINISH!!!

Score... I got me some midwest old barn tin for my trophy room. Gonna put it on the vaulted ceiling with 6x6 barnwood ridge beams. I came for 400sf... going home with 800sf.

Took care of the buck and dropped him off at the processor. The wind is absolutely howling out there... so I took the evening off. It's my turn to cook dinner. I brought some Arizona cusine... Mountain Lion jalapeño brats. Back at it in the morning. Ed F20221108_120601.jpg20221108_125206.jpg20221108_091513.jpg

pure greatness. Thank you for sharing.

You inspire.

That animal is lucky to have you.

Cheers

Today was a throw away day. Warm and very windy. Very little deer movement. Although, I just saw a giant crossing an open field about 300 yards away... a real whopper. He was moving... looking for does. Tomorrow the weather really changes... low teens in the mornings. Still got time...

Local gas station sign... Ed F
20221108_113000.jpg

I like it...now get that whopper!!

Today is gonna be a good day. Bucks are moving. I set a stand in a new patch of woods a couple days ago... 25+ deer, first sit yesterday evening. Roll the bones Hatchet... Ed F20221111_054414.jpg

Yep, 3 bucks so far. Had a nice 10 at 35... no shot. Had a small 9 walk right under me... it's on...

I hope I'm not offending any of you westerners... but l get into full character when I hunt whitey. A 9 pointer is really a 3x4 with eyeguards. Bush Light is the staple... no fancy stuff. Brats are served with sauerkraut. Wind direction is king... no fooling whitey. No reason to be in shape. I can go on and on... things are different in whitey territory. Really fun stuff. Ed F20221111_080026.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu