2022 Whitetail Extravaganza blog

It is frickin cold... 5 bucks around the stand this morning rutting like teenage boys. I hope I don't regret this... passed this nice 8 this morning. Rifle season started today. Nobody hunting near us. Only heard 2 shots in the distance. I decided that my last day is tomorrow... Ed F20221112_070900.jpg

I like freaks..alot... outstanding Amigo!

15 deer, 2 small bucks. Too early... big boys will start showing up in the next few days. 95% of the corn is cut. Earliest since I've been hunting here. Forces more deer into the woods. Ed FView attachment 56447
Peak midwest rut is the first 9 days on November. We have almost 50 entered in the book. Only 2 were taken outside these dates in 48 years hunting the same dirt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu