2022 Whitetail Extravaganza blog

The weather hasn't been good, too warm and it's still to early. Lots of does around, saw a small 8 pointer this morning. No signs of rut yet. A cold front is coming tomorrow night... that should get things rolling. Trying to be patient... plenty of time... Ed F20221101_141528.jpg

The weather hasn't been good, too warm and it's still to early. Lots of does around, saw a small 8 pointer this morning. No signs of rut yet. A cold front is coming tomorrow night... that should get things rolling. Trying to be patient... plenty of time... Ed FView attachment 56450

Livin the life Ed, I leave for whitey in a cuple days. Can’t wait

Lots of guys would pee themselves over an 8 pointer, small or not. I like your choice of brewski.

The brewski is rugged. All else looks good. Hoping for a cold snap!

At the new farm. Almost had a shot yesterday at a real good one. Came in on the wrong side and winded me at 10 yards. My buddy shot one in the 150s. No rut activity yet. Saw 3 bu ks yesterday... none were rutting. Should get better everyday. Sh!tty reception here... be patient. Ed F20221105_173917.jpg

This morning I went to go sit in a stand nobody has sat in 3 years. Well, in the dark I couldn't find the stand... it's gone. F it... it was in a narrow strip of trees so I got the wind right and tucked in some brush. Right after daylight a small 8 point chased a doe right to me... 10 yards. Pretty cool encounter. First sign of any rut. He checked her out for a little bit and walked off. Getting better... Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu