2023.AZ ANTELOPE EXTRAVAGANZA....

It was 92 degrees...i hate the heat..and AZ...oh..and my camera is outta focus...I hate myself most days..

Screenshot_20230908-191937~3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: skeet and TRICER
As he layer there in the desert sprawl ..surrounded by his ho,s...the desert heat pounded our body's .it was an ungodly 2.5 hour wait for him to stand after an ardous stalk threw the elements...the range was a comfortable 389..according to the Lieca...to be continued...

Screenshot_20230908-212338~2.png

I often wonder..is the Arizona heat even worth hunting large mammals in?

Screenshot_20230909-113439~2.png

more like 5k ...sage maggots don't do to well at 12k from what I've read on the Internet..so must be true..

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
#2 was behind the trigger...he actually drew the tag with 3 points..most guys draw a Lope tag here in AZ with well over 20+points..when we drew..figured it was me as I have a plethora of points..but once again..I never draw dick..Alice Dick...that being said..we had a problem from the get go..when we finally got notice of who drew the tag..we realized that #2 would be screwed .. and have to report for duty Saturday Sept 9th at Luke air force Base..well..opening day was Friday the 8th.. We bonzaied it up on Thursday night after he got home ....no pressure..he thrives in high pressure situations as an M.P.....Rolled in to our unit at midnight..got some rest and were up at o dawn thirty...the 2023 AZ lope season had begun..We had about 12 hours in the field to get it done on public land..We were now on the clock....to be continued..

With no quarry being spotted .it was getting to be mid afternoon...I knew the sun would be setting in about ,3 hours..time was ticking.
And so was our chance at filling his tag.....I was getting nervous....just about then I hear #2 say dad..got a group...and I got a buck...oh man..it was time to perforn... go time...it would be a hike in the heat to get there..and I hated every minute of it.. the kid is 22 and an athlete and in the military and in extreme shape...I hate myself for typing this..but I got there with him...I'm pretty sore today
...to be continued....

389 was close enough for the 257wbymag...we had one small cactus to lay behind..I'm not easy to conceal as I'm a large mammal myself..but we both somehow managed to squish in there behind it...#2 pushed his pack forward..quietly chambered a round of 120gr nosler partition..and layed sweet Alice atop the badlands ..it was know a waiting game as the trophy was bedded with his harem in the wide open of the AZ grasslands....the sun was hot...and the breeze was null.... seconds became minutes....minutes ...became hours....then suddenly..a girl gets up to stretch and feed..then 2..then 3..Then..it happens...the Cocksman stands up...he proceeds to check all 3 of his does by sniffing there ass..then..I hear the ominous sound..the sound ive heard 1000s of times...the sound of the 3 position safety being pushed forward. "click.. click"...I can pretty much promise...that when that safety comes off...it never goes back on and something gonna die.....to be continued .....

Last edited:
389 was close enough for the 257wbymag...we had one small cactus to lay behind..I'm not easy to conceal as I'm a large mammal myself..but we both somehow managed to squish in there behind it...#2 pushed his pack forward..quietly chambered a round of 120gr nosler partition..and layed sweet Alice atop the badlands ..it was know a waiting game as the trophy was bedded with his harem in the wide open of the AZ grasslands....the sun was hot...and the breeze was null.... seconds became minutes....minutes ...became hours....then suddenly..a girl gets up to stretch and feed..then 2..then 3..Then..it happens...the Cocksman stands up...he proceeds to check all 3 of his does by sniffing there ass..then..I hear the ominous sound..the sound ive heard 1000s of times...the sound of the 3 position safety being pushed forward. "click.. click"...I can pretty much promise...that when that safety comes off...it never goes back on and something gonna die.....to be continued .....
Can I get one, Kapooow??????

...as he turns broadside..he presents the perfect angle..i then hear a faint whisper...Dad..I'm gonna give it to him...I whisper back.. Roger that Airman first class...proceed when ready...to be continued...

KAPOOW!!!At the report of the rifle..the pronghorn dropped his head..his right shoulder and leg straighted..and he began to do the death run while plowing the field with his face..a true indication of a heart shot for the dove guys that don't hunt large mammals...he made it about 30 yds before he went "ass over tea kettle"as grandpa use to say ..as he lay there kicking his last kick on God's green earth..I steam rolled #2 with joy!!..We had got it done ...as we approached the beast..I snapped this pic..not the biggest goat out there im sure..but considering what we had to work with...we happy...that boy is a killer..and thats a fact..let the collage begin..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908-212137~2.png
    Screenshot_20230908-212137~2.png
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20230908-212453~2.png
    Screenshot_20230908-212453~2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20230908-202532~2.png
    Screenshot_20230908-202532~2.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20230908-162441~3.png
    Screenshot_20230908-162441~3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20230908-150140~2.png
    Screenshot_20230908-150140~2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu