Adventure....

About an hour after we saw the first bear, we saw a second one coming in from down wind... I guess the word was out that some delicious boned out deer meat was available for everyone to enjoy. This bear came right to our camp. I sent a 450 grain solid in his direction hoping to scare him off. He didn't give a sh!t. We hunted the next few days and would glass at least one bear at our beach... for the next four days. We made three other attempts to get down to the beach and there was a bear there everytime. One bear attempted to compromise the bear fence... apparently it worked. These bears can reportedly smell a dead deer for over two miles. You can expect to see a bear on your deer carcass the next day... so we avoid those areas. I also have a recipe for sleeping, which works fabulous for me, but not so well for my hunting partners. Right before bed I take 2 Tylenol PM's, a jigger of whiskey and ear plugs. I sleep very well... Ed FFB_IMG_1568923762118.jpg

This is the year of the bear for me... In July I was treed by a sow with two cubs, a bear ate the seat off my quad in August and now this in September... Cannot wait for October... Ed F

20190831_164126.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
A few days later we hiked to the top of the tallest mountain in the area... a place I've dreamed about returning to for the past 3 years. It was unreal... I've never seen so many mature bucks in one day. I left some arrows on that mountain that day and was reminded why bowhunting is such a challenge and why I love it so much... that's all I'll say about that amazing day.

The next day Mike was up to bat and got winded on a stalk. On the hike back we spotted a buck worth stalking. It was a low success stalk... too many deer, high winds, difficult terrain... but i decided to go for it. Everything came together and I was able to sneak in to 35 yards of the bedded buck. When he stood up i sent a Muzzy through his chest.... Ed F20190919_221410.jpg

A few days later we hiked to the top of the tallest mountain in the area... a place I've dreamed about returning to for the past 3 years. It was unreal... I've never seen so many mature bucks in one day. I left some arrows on that mountain that day and was reminded why bowhunting is such a challenge and why I love it so much... that's all I'll say about that amazing day.

The next day Mike was up to bat and got winded on a stalk. On the hike back we spotted a buck worth stalking. It was a low success stalk... too many deer, high winds, difficult terrain... but i decided to go for it. Everything came together and I was able to sneak in to 35 yards of the bedded buck. When he stood up i sent a Muzzy through his chest.... Ed FView attachment 41088
Fear the beard!!!!

We packed my buck back to camp in the dark and knew we had to figure out how to keep it from the bears. We consolidated our food to one bear box and stuffed the meat in the other. It worked but we still had a bear come check it out the next night. He looked it over and figured out he wasn't getting this one.

This pic broke my heart... I seriously questioned my skills on him... he is still roaming those mountains... And a pic of some Alaskan fruit, always at your fingertips. Ed FFB_IMG_1568923731417.jpgFB_IMG_1568923771794.jpg

Oh Hell no.... the moment they jacked-up a moto (in this case quad) it's on! WAs something spilled on that seat? Like a food stuff? Or did you have blood on your hunting pants and then sat on that seat or something? You gotta take one down for that shit. Payback is a bitch! I'm rooting for ya to get some payback for that!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu