Afghanistan anyone

We subsidized the war that chased the soviets out of Afghanistan back in the 80's ( which by the way is when and where Osama Bin Laden got his start) Why did we do that ? because we were trying to stop the spread of communism. I think there are other things going on here policy wise. Think about it we have been serving peace keeping missions in asia and europe since the end of WW2. Why not in Afghanistan ? My thinking is it leans towards that there is nothing there for the rest of the world to capatilize on. I think that is foolish as we as a world are so connected in many other ways. I am concerned that Afghanistan will once again become a breeding ground for exxtermists that will take there agenda to other parts of the world. Time will tell...
It's been said many, many times before. the enemy of my enemy, is my friend. We'll be back there or some other place where the Taliban or some other extremist group kills Americans or attacks one of our close allies. When that happens, the military needs to be the only ones with any say so in how to deal with who ever it may be. Fuck rules of engagement. There are no rules in war.

It was time… I lost my brother to this war 18 years ago. It changed my families life forever as it has many Americans. As I watch the US finally pull out and End this war I’m not gonna lie, there is a small feeling of closure for me. It was never gonna be a pretty ending and there was never gonna be a perfect plan. Reality is will be back there sooner than we think unfortunately.
Sorry for your families loss. Prayers for you and them.

It's been said many, many times before. the enemy of my enemy, is my friend. We'll be back there or some other place where the Taliban or some other extremist group kills Americans or attacks one of our close allies. When that happens, the military needs to be the only ones with any say so in how to deal with who ever it may be. Fuck rules of engagement. There are no rules in war
“Fuck rules of engagement “
That is exactly why I said the last 4 administrations failed the people.
War is War. Fuck them up so they don’t forget.
I wish that were so but our armed forces serve at the command of the president so what the military commanders think and say is back seat to what the president says and commands. My father was a career naval aviator and fought in ww2, Korea and commanded a squadron in Viet Nam. He retired in 1970 during the Viet Nam war because he could not fight for a president and administration that was not willing to fight for a win. He felt that sending men to die for any other reasion was not worthy of the sacrifice

Yeah the Russians tried to do that. It didn't work.
The Russians, like us, did not fight to win the war. Why I have no idea. even if we and the Russians put an all out effort into the war, victory was not to be. The Afghans, like the Taliban just disappeared into the caves and climb out when the invaders give up and pull out. The very recent events are a perfect example. There had been very little activity until we pulled out, then out of nowhere 300,000 Taliban appear and over run the entire country in days.The reason the Taliban is now in control of the country is, they have no rules of engagement. Their one rule is, be patient.

Last edited:
So we have troops at the airport flying out the afghans that helped interpret for our troops. Seems like a few taliban could sneak in while in the rush. They are bring them to Texas and other parts of the country. pic is inside a carrier145407d5-d540-4cba-aaa0-7cf4536dbbd3.jpg

Last edited:
Really? I wonder why?...Trump negotiated the release of 5,000 Taliban prisioners in Afghaistan before he left office...5 freaking thousand.
And when Biden withdrew the Us troops overnight, the Taliban released thousands more. Trump administration had a PLAN for withdrawing US troops, evacuating civilians and either removing or destroying excess military equipment. But Biden withdrew the troops so fast none of that was accomplished. Once he was made aware of his blunder, he sent 5000 troops back in. Biden did the right thing by ending our involvement over there he just did it the wrong way. Would it have made any difference in the end if Trumps plan was implemented, we'll never know.

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Sick to my stomach to see the images coming out of Afghanistan !
Feel bad for the Afghan women and children! Not so much for the average Afghani males who don’t have the huevos to fight for freedom or are the disillusioned Taliban who believe in strict conformity to Islam and Sharia Law.
I feel bad for the men and women who served our country there, for their, sacrifices, their physical wounds and their wounds unseen, and for their loss of friends and comrades.
I grieve for the families whose family member paid the ultimate price !

Having 4k US troops at the airport surrounded by Taliban... I hope everything stays calm, it could turn into a massacre for both sides.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
My nephew's father has the emotional capacity of a 13yo because of an IED. We spent $2T on the war. It was a mess leaving, but at least no more Americans have to die for that shit hole. I feel bad for the people left there, but not enough to continue to fund corruption and incompetency. Also, they didn't fight for their freedom, so they don't get it.

Last edited:
I'll keep this short cause reading this is messing with my PTSD, I knew the day our troops went how this was going to end. Long story short you can't win a war unless you fight a war. Which we did not here or in Nam.

It was time… I lost my brother to this war 18 years ago. It changed my families life forever as it has many Americans. As I watch the US finally pull out and End this war I’m not gonna lie, there is a small feeling of closure for me. It was never gonna be a pretty ending and there was never gonna be a perfect plan. Reality is will be back there sooner than we think unfortunately.
This sucks...a family's worst nightmare..god speed to your bro man..I will always be a fan of men and women who serve...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu