ALASKA!

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
Can't wait to see first meal you prepare with your harvest. I would rather taste it but, I'll settle for photos.

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
Well I ate some steaks off a hindquarter when I got home last week. Then I did a major weekend of meat grinding and all told ended up with about 100 pounds of elk and sheep burger and deer sausage. So we had some sheep burgers too. Then I had some family over Sunday night and we had backstrap. Put it in the sous vide for about 2 hrs at 124 and then did a sear in a nuclear temp cast iron to finish it…. Delish.
59012283-9078-4B9E-A6A9-DBA669477246.jpeg 2EEAC600-B043-4F5F-99F0-74FA2DDE279C.jpeg

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
Well I ate some steaks off a hindquarter when I got home last week. Then I did a major weekend of meat grinding and all told ended up with about 100 pounds of elk and sheep burger and deer sausage. So we had some sheep burgers too. Then I had some family over Sunday night and we had backstrap. Put it in the sous vide for about 2 hrs at 124 and then did a sear in a nuclear temp cast iron to finish it…. Delish.
View attachment 50315 View attachment 50316
Pure sexy

BOWUNTR

Nov 3, 2011
Awesome. I kinda like Alaska.... I also àm the owner of a Barneys frame pack. This thread makes me wanna cry. Congratulations Kelllen... can't wait to bring him back to life. Ed F

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
Awesome. I kinda like Alaska.... I also àm the owner of a Barneys frame pack. This thread makes me wanna cry. Congratulations Kelllen... can't wait to bring him back to life. Ed F
Thank you Ed, it’s an incredible place and an incredible experience. When I booked this trip I considered it to be a once in a lifetime trip. I already know I’ll be back. Can’t wait to see him on the wall!

Reactions: BOWUNTR

Truduct

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Thank you Ed, it’s an incredible place and an incredible experience. When I booked this trip I considered it to be a once in a lifetime trip. I already know I’ll be back. Can’t wait to see him on the wall!
After talking with you and seeing all the pictures I told the wife I am going. I don't know when but my life will not be complete until I go to AK.

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
After talking with you and seeing all the pictures I told the wife I am going. I don't know when but my life will not be complete until I go to AK.
You gotta go Drew. I know an outfitter I’d highly recommend with pretty reasonable prices…. I’d be interested in doing the DIY caribou drop camp thing but there’s a part of me also that just says save the money and go for sheep again when I can. There’s something special about those animals and the places you hunt them in. 200 bucks a month gets you there in less than 10 years, at current prices anyway.

If you haven’t seen them yet check out the Billy Molls videos on YouTube.

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Billy is the real deal...own the whole box set..best 400 I've spent in awhile..

Reactions: Kellendv

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu