Anyone ever hunt Coal Canyon Eco Preserve off the 91?

For the “no crossing with weapons” I was looking at a similar area close to me but had to cross a small area, like 400’, of orange county owned land with the same restriction to get to CNF land. The only loop hole I think i found was you can legally cross with an unstrung bow, so no compounds, but an unstrung recurve or longbow and then string it on the other side. Without the string it is just a fancy walking stick.

Just waiting for the fire closure to lift now.

I hit edit button on this board. Due to new laws LE can be busted and jailed with a cell phone video. You have to be able to take cell phone video. Another thing not publicized is that you don;t have to use shotgun as DFW publizes. Centerfire is authorized contrary to DFW;county regs says it allows. county regulation allows centifire. I would love to buy a tag but not going to do it unless someone is going with me.
I know this post is very old but can you elaborate about a little about shotgun vs rifle? County reg supersedes State?

County can supersede state. For example, in Imperial Co. You can not shoot within 50 yds of a named road (county or state)…Only place I know of this law

I always looked at it as the state puts the noose around your neck, the county can tighten it, and when they are done they pass it to the city and say feel free to pull it tighter if you want.

I always looked at it as the state puts the noose around your neck, the county can tighten it, and when they are done they pass it to the city and say feel free to pull it tighter if you want.
I understand, but my question is more along the lines of, Can a County loosen the noose that the State puts around your neck? I know it can tighten it, but can a County supersede a State restriction like in the case of the rifle questions above.

Depends on where your standing, for instance CNF riverside county says you can use a rifle as long as you are a mile away from city limits but can use a shotgun 1’ past city limits. Orange County which covers the other half if CNF is different and leans more toward shotgun, by the time you get far enough in to use a rifle in Orange County you are in riverside county at that point. The NF is federal land so federal law applies, but they turned over management to state wildlife. So then it is State DFG regs, but the county or city it falls in can have further restrictions. You can find coordinates of the line but will need to plot them yourself to get a picture of where the boundaries are. The county can choose not to enforce state laws but that does not make it legal in the state so No the county can’t loosen it from the state.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu