AZ Youth Hunt Going Live

You got whitey in that area too? We like whitey!

Reactions: TRICER
Rad... Can't wait to see more

Kids are great... look at those smiles. Raising them right. Nice beard too. Ed F

3 guys in 15s on tripods multiple spots within the same area easily over 100 Mule Deer Doe and Fawns. I am still scratching my head. I easily spent 8 hours in the glass today. I don’t think the bucks migrate in this unit and the same area is loaded with bucks during the rut. They have to be there but I would have bet money I would have glassed a few up. We didn’t even see a spike. Which is kind of weird normally they are still hanging with the ladies.

We are gonna go back into the same spot tomorrow and if we don’t see bucks we will make a switch to another area. I don’t want to go to the new area until it’s light since I haven’t been there. Going in the dark would be pointless.

It’s always a chess match we just have to figure it out. With 5 days to go I think we can pull it off. Right now it’s Bucks 3 boys 0.

Oh one more thing at what age do kids learn to whisper? I might need a muzzle for the 11 YO if we are gonna pull this off. I swear he only has one volume setting and that is loud! I have never Shhhh so much in my life. He did take a small nap so that was our quiet time.

82735B3F-2DF9-4446-9593-B30AA1137ECA.jpeg
We are having a blast, I love hunting with these boys. Can’t wait to put down some game.

Id bail from that area...doe valley for sure.. 100 girlls amd not 1 boy deer is a
bit extreme...my 3 boys are 18 and still f around and chat in mono tone, i used to beat them when they started jacking around , but now there 6,1 210 lbers....they do what they want..i just eat and sit there...good luck dude, plenty of time to find an antler..

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
It's a combination of things Drew... those deer have been jacked with for a few months and they are a month away from the rut... I'd bet the bucks are there, hiding and nocturnal. Yet, I saw a 160" buck yesterday pushing around a group of 15 does... weird. It'll happen, your strategy of moving will prevail. Ed F

Update.

So we went to the same spot until 9am and saw a ton of does. Made an 1.5 hour drive south to Coues country found 6 does moved from there around 3 to another area we wanted to check out. Got all the way to the end of the 10 mile 1 track dirt road up into the Coues country put my truck in reverse and pop reverse band goes out. So there we are trying to figure it out and long story short we only have drive reverse is shot. But we can go forward.

Just at that moment 2 trucks show up with 2 bucks. Talked to them and they said one valley over about a 1/2 mile walk there were 16 bucks now only 14. They also saw Javelina back there. So here is the plan no tranny shops are open until Monday so the only logical thing is tomorrow we are going back into that spot with no reverse and my buddy’s Jeep to help me turn if needed. We are gonna kill some deer.

Kicking around getting a ride into Yuma to pick up the Jeep from the River house so the truck can get fixed. But for now we hunt and Monday we will worry about the tranny. Stay tuned because this is about to be a great campfire story.

E03D4100-10EC-4B48-B1B7-EC99AFBF1789.jpeg6BCB0B8D-65B0-4FBA-84FA-3702851FADF1.jpeg
These cows took this sign way to seriously.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu