AZ Youth Hunt Going Live

Awesome! Love the pic! I'm sure this would trigger some liberal snowflakes, lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No shame in our game. I was just telling them yesterday never let the world tell you hunting is wrong and never be ashamed of who you are.

Also it looks like 308 is a very adequate Coatimundi cartridge lol. Very fitting for that guns first meal.

Last edited:
No shame in our game. I was just telling them yesterday never let the world tell you hunting is wrong and never be ashamed of who you are.

Also it looks like 308 is a very adequate Coatimundi cartridge lol. Very fitting for that guns first meal.
308 adequate indeed. But when you have to be certain on such a dangerous animal, C4 is the answer.

Bad ass monkey dude! They have been on our bucket list for awhile! Id rather whack one of than a deer anyday, have hunted AZ forever, only ever seen 1 herd and they were on private...FANTASTIC job to the young man! Looking forward to the finished mount.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Well we got a late start and on our way to our spot a fork popped up next to the 2 track about 100yds. After piling out of the Jeep it was around 200 got set up and then another Jeep came up the road and wouldn’t stop. He apologized afterwards didn’t realize what he was doing. The buck took off by the time the 13yo got a shot he was around 400 and rushed straight up hill. He barely missed.

Went on a death march with the 11yo glassed up at least 100 deer. Finally found a spike at 400 yards across canyon. We were making a move probably could have got within 200 yards and just then boom one canyon over the spike starts walking up hill then boom again and the spike takes off over the ridge. We just need to catch a break.

We were going to go home tomorrow now we are going to stay one more day and drive home bright and early on Thanksgiving hopefully in time to make Momma happy.

The fat lady hasn’t sung yet gentleman. Buckle up your boot straps it’s time for the final stand.
CAB073FE-740A-4B24-9E91-3C80C0597ECE.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice dude..my boys start Friday..just in time for the winter storm to hit!! Stay the course..tow the line..pick a path..never waiver..and FINISH!

Reactions: NBK and TRICER
I The kudamondi is bad ass. I saw one once south of Las Cruces New Mexico while quail hunting. That will be the Trophy of the trip.
They are considered an endangered species in NM I guess. You are allowed 1 a year in AZ. This area holds them. Jonny missed a bunch with his bow in 2016 when we were here. The one my kid shot is a big boar. Definitely a trophy for sure.

They told mom last week at the zoo that they were gonna shoot an AZ monkey. They kept their word.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu