((((Big ))))) Local Buck Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2011

Re: ((((Big ))))) Local Buck Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneazbowhunter said:
did you put a tape on him yet? i'm guessing 138

Not yet. I went down to the shop to give him a deposit and he had just taken it out of the freezer to start working on it. I did measure the spread at a little over 20 inches.

oneazbowhunter said:
did you put a tape on him yet? i'm guessing 138

I’m guessing 131 after deductions .

Congrats on the write up.The three years of chasing the same buck really makes the story.

With three years of trail cam pics can you tell if he was getting bigger or smaller?

Wow that's really is a nice deer and the pictures are 1st class. Great story and lots of history leading up to the harvest. Sure looks like some pretty country as well. I sure miss the mountains along the west coast and in Az. Good to see the two brothers there to share the labor too.

Lungpopper said:
Congrats on the write up.The three years of chasing the same buck really makes the story.

With three years of trail cam pics can you tell if he was getting bigger or smaller?

Yep, He was a 4x3 on the same frame in 2009 and 2010. I only have a few of the shots.

Attachments

• 4x3.JPG
    4x3.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 4x3  (2).JPG
    4x3 (2).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 153

Pick up my rack on Friday and dropped it off at Tony D. to have it scored. just got the results 132 6/8 Gross 126 even Net

Michael Pritzl said:
Rusty now that’s an Avatar, Great job and I am sure that won’t be your only avatar, Good Hunting.

Jeff that is amazing that your guy can get your mounts done in four months. I have to wait a year just to get the hide back. Does he cure his own hides or use other ones he has,?. That is awesome and I would look to have him do all my animals if he wants the business.
he cures his own. his name is mike and he has a shop in Fullerton. i will get his info and post it. he charged me $425 i dont know if that is good or not. He is a friend?

Congratulation on your big buck Jeff! It's all your brother has been talking about for the last month. I keep reminding him that he didn't shoot it. He even has a picture of you and your buck as his screen saver on his phone. Go pig hunting soon so he'll shut up about it. :D

Excellent video Jim. We will make sure this gets put on the new video player on the front page of the site.

Waiting three years actually paid off pretty well. Made killing him that much sweeter and he put on another couple of inches of antler.
I think you got him at his peak. Nice job on the video.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu