Bogus ticket?

The green jeans crew would be great at the boarder . Drag it on for a year , take a picture of the target you were shooting at 300 yards from where you were shooting 200 yards from the truck , and got the ticket . So 500 yards from the truck you went to st up a target , Warden was too lazy to look for the target . In one year after he checks 1000 people he may not remember or show up in court .

It is always a crap shoot when you are fighting a ticket, it becomes your word against the officers word, a pro officer Judge you loose. Review the circumstances
were you in a hunting zone
Did you have camo on
did you have a weapon and ammo capable to hunt game in the zone.
Now did you have a chair to sit and sight your rifle
Did you have targets set up
were any shots fired at the targets
question will be can you present a better I was sighting my rifle than the Warden can present you were more likely hunting with out your Tag.
My question did you get cited for (Poaching) hunting without an license, or hunting without a tag in possession ?
Unless you can demonstrate beyond 100% to your behalf you well loose.

Could be the younger Wardens higher up believed he started out to hunt, forgot his tag and got caught before he started on the way back to get it.

Last edited:
There's a lot of "What ifs" in this case....I do believe the person getting the ticket got verbally upset...This is never a good thing...I'm guessing "Letter of the law" plays a lot more with a bad attitude.

Also, the less you talk, the better off you are, even if it's civil..."What you say can and will be held against you in a court of law".

I've mentioned this before, this should be a learning experience for all...If you hunt a lot, you're going to have encounters...Get used to it and try to be honest and respectful...They hold ALL the cards.

ps...If he in fact received the citation for just not having a deer tag in his immediate possession, then to me this case is very gray in a court of law (I also don't know what he actually said)...He could be hunting a number of other things that don't require a deer tag.

The original post was about heading to BLM to sight in a rifle for the evening hunt then Tyler rolling up on them and ticketing for not having a
“ license “ because the pack was in the truck while they walked 200 yds to a back stop. I commented and was told I obviously didn’t read what was written before and has nothing to do with shooting. The tickets for not having a deer tag? Which he shouldnt need one for target shooting? But it has nothing to do with BLM or shooting? So confusing lol

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu