Bye Commiefornia!!!!

I am headed to OR on Sunday to help control the bull and bear population for you. Good luck up there it's pretty country
For what it’s worth, the deer in my neighborhood have rutted in the first week of November both falls I’ve been here. Maybe elk are on the same schedule.

Our House goes on the market this week. We are moving to NC. Already looking up hunting laws, and zones. Going to miss the desert riding, but not the politics,( shutting down more land, shutting down gas powered vehicles, Shutting down Nuclear plants, High cost of vehicle registration, insurance, etc.)

This out-migration from CA happened in the early 1980's. I was in business back then, trying to make a bunch of money to support my travel and hunting habit, but the regulations and taxes drove every business owner nuts. Texas and North Carolina, specifically, courted CA businesses. Thousands fled. The same thing now but it's the price of housing and all the government regulations and restrictions. If you like to hunt and fish and shoot and go about life without the government peeking over your shoulder every time you fart, you'll be much happier. God speed and safe travels.

By the way, I ived in NC for a short while. Camp Lejeune. My housing was very inexpensive, about $20, a two-man pup tent.

Our House goes on the market this week. We are moving to NC. Already looking up hunting laws, and zones. Going to miss the desert riding, but not the politics,( shutting down more land, shutting down gas powered vehicles, Shutting down Nuclear plants, High cost of vehicle registration, insurance, etc.)
Congrats. I like the west side of the Rockies. Hopefully these crazies don't run me to the east. Got a buddy in VA that keeps trying to get me to join him.
Funny I've been doing the same for Oregon as far as looing into the hunting areas and seasons.

This out-migration from CA happened in the early 1980's. I was in business back then, trying to make a bunch of money to support my travel and hunting habit, but the regulations and taxes drove every business owner nuts. Texas and North Carolina, specifically, courted CA businesses. Thousands fled. The same thing now but it's the price of housing and all the government regulations and restrictions. If you like to hunt and fish and shoot and go about life without the government peeking over your shoulder every time you fart, you'll be much happier. God speed and safe travels.

By the way, I ived in NC for a short while. Camp Lejeune. My housing was very inexpensive, about $20, a two-man pup tent.
Yeah my grandparents were part of that wave. Though they retired in the late 80's early 90's.
Cant wait to be outta here.

Pumped for you Jon!! You deserve this move!! Never look back bro....Oregon is cool..I think i told you ..but lots of hunts have been Finished by myself and family on the east side and out of Bend...great location..

Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
Update, Get keys to the new place on the 1st, House here sold faster than expected.
Saw Oregon passed some bullshit laws that the sheriff is refusing to enforce.

Happy cause a good constitutional sheriff is essential to a free society.

Hope everyone finished this season!! Now to get that lifetime CA license and get the hell out of dodge....

Well after 5 years of convincing my wife we have finally opened escrow on a house in Central Oregon (don't worry not in or near Portland). She has a lot of family here is So Cal so it was a hard sale.
I know it is not a 100% deal until escrow closes but we are leaving either way. Wife and i are lucky enough to keep our jobs and got our daughters into great private schools we can actually afford now...
Happy to move to a place where like minded people are a surplus instead of no where to be found. And be in a town that actually has a since of community.

Now to buy that lifetime CA hinting license and get the hell out of dodge!!!!
you are one of the lucky ones

Better get your fire arm permit so you can buy a new gun since you lost all yours in that boat accident back in ca.
I may just have to live a firearm free lifestyle... :rolleyes:

There is so many holes in the bill and most sheriffs are refusing to enforce it.
Wont pass the Supreme court. But god only knows how long that will take.

I may just have to live a firearm free lifestyle... :rolleyes:

There is so many holes in the bill and most sheriffs are refusing to enforce it.
Wont pass the Supreme court. But god only knows how long that will take.
Don't worry buddy...I know a guy who is more than willing to loan you a rifle when you come back next October to hunt with him!

• Haha
You know I'll have a spot and one ready for you to dump next October!! Stay safe...and keep in touch! Congrats again on getting out of Jackastan!!and man that lifeline license pays for it's self in a couple years for sure!!

With all due respect to all you folks leaving California, I think I'll stay....For the obvious reasons, like my mom, daughter, and grandson, but also for the weather, fishing and hunting.

I was in Texas this last week...But for the cost of gas ($2.97), I see no reason to move there...There is absolutely zero public land to hunt, the price of food is just as high as ours, restaurants were very high, their sales tax is about the same as ours, housing is starting to match ours, and the weather is probably much worse than ours (low 20's in Amarillo).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu