CA Application Day!

I'm in the non res pool for all except for deer in CA...thats the way it works with a lifetime license when you move...my chances of getting a lope .elk .or sheep at extremely weak even with max points...I could draw any x tag id like...but then I'd have to give up A zone ...LOL..

I'm in the non res pool for all except for deer in CA...thats the way it works with a lifetime license when you move...my chances of getting a lope .elk .or sheep at extremely weak even with max points...I could draw any x tag id like...but then I'd have to give up A zone ...LOL..
didn't realize the lifetime worked like that. I thought you stayed resident no matter where you moved. My kids all get lifetime hunt/fish license before they turn 10

You never know, I just got off the phone with someone that had there lifetime license and is a nr and drew a sheep tag. I talk to someone in this position almost every year. Your odds for sheep are the same as long as the nr quota isn’t filled.

Reactions: Kellendv
didn't realize the lifetime worked like that. I thought you stayed resident no matter where you moved. My kids all get lifetime hunt/fish license before they turn 10
Nope... res deer only .I hate Ca..like I said.. max points across the board....chances of drawing anything but deer are slim..have a good buddy that runs hunts in X2..trying to get me to burn um out there..maybe at some point. ...I prolly should not be killing anything else at my age anyways...I'm tired...boy #3 is sherpaing full time this season. .can't wait to sit in the truck and do absolutely nothing ..as usual.. .lol..

Trust me..I will continue to put in for all...I'm to old not to..20 plus years since they started points...love hate relationship..

YES!! Finally!! This is my year fellas!! Hope I see one!! And if I do..it's gonna be his last day on god's green earth!

Attachments

• IMG_20220620_120516710.jpg
    IMG_20220620_120516710.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 17
Got my G13, just grabbed an AO tag today seems I couldn't get an A22 due to both being restricted tags and you can only have one. Now I need to find out if I can use an AO during the second A22 season for a buck. It was my understanding you could but not sure. since you can hunt an AO tag until Dec 31, which the same as A22.

Reactions: DirtHunter
Got my G13, just grabbed an AO tag today seems I couldn't get an A22 due to both being restricted tags and you can only have one. Now I need to find out if I can use an AO during the second A22 season for a buck. It was my understanding you could but not sure. since you can hunt an AO tag until Dec 31, which the same as A22.
You cannot hunt the second A22 season with an AO

Your AO tag is only good for first bow season and the general D16 season

I was just reading the regs, doesn't say anything about the second season only says you can't hunt the C & X zones says it is good for all other zones. Hence I'm going to check with CDWF if get the correct info to be on the safe side.

California does not differentiate between residents and non-residents during all the draws... it's just when a non-resident draws a sheep or elk tag no other non-residents can draw one of those species. Up until then... odds are the same. Lifetime license only keeps you from paying non-resident license, deer and pig tag fees every year. If I were to draw a sheep tag I would still have to pay the non-resident tag fee... I'm good with that... Ed F

Best thing I ever did was buy that lifetime license before I left... A Zone Archery next Saturday...I shot my bow today...got a new finger tab..it's a bit stiff..gotta break er in..I hate Ca.

No brainer...it's already paid for itself an ungodly amount of times..no way I'd pay non res fees to hunt ca..unless it was for the big 3...21 points and counting or is it 22? LOL..

Best thing I ever did was buy that lifetime license before I left... A Zone Archery next Saturday...I shot my bow today...got a new finger tab..it's a bit stiff..gotta break er in..I hate Ca.

I bought one before I moved to Colorado 15 years ago, it was a great investment, no way would I pay non res fees to hunt D16. I just wish I'd have added the fishing license onto it.

Reactions: HATCHET1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu