Ca big game

i got myself a bow... for father's day ;) so I will be hitting the fields on the first weekend of September!!!!
Nice Fabian, let me know when you want to scout laguna or archery practice. Got a 25-30yd spot in my backyard for practice, granted it's through a canopy and over dirt bikes... just imagine they are trees. and shrubs.20190616_141211_resized.jpg20190616_141220_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Fabian, let me know when you want to scout laguna or archery practice. Got a 25-30yd spot in my backyard for practice, granted it's through a canopy and over dirt bikes... just imagine they are trees. and shrubs.
Thank you for the invite Robert!!!
I will take you up on it!!! LOL
When I come back from my trip I will let you know.
I will be back on July 1st

Hey Jeff
For sure 2 weekend long scouting trips and I plan to hunt 3-4 days second weekend of the season and the entire last week of the season.
Let me know if you need any areas to check out on the scouting trips. I've hunted the zone 4 out of the last 5 seasons as the tag holder or "guide".

Nice Fabian, let me know when you want to scout laguna or archery practice. Got a 25-30yd spot in my backyard for practice, granted it's through a canopy and over dirt bikes... just imagine they are trees. and shrubs.View attachment 39763View attachment 39764
You two guys need to come to my place an setup a multi target shooting. 60 yards plus..
When times are better I woul like to setup 3d shoots.
Maybe donated 3 d targets from my
Friends lol

18 points and counting here..i love CA! Congrats dude!!
Thanks! I couldn’t believe it! I also got a pretty tough otc that sales out quickly in Idaho and don’t know what to do with it no that I want to focus on this hunt!?!?

Thanks! I couldn’t believe it! I also got a pretty tough otc that sales out quickly in Idaho and don’t know what to do with it no that I want to focus on this hunt!?!?
If I had that tag I would make no less than 2 scouting trips before the season starts probably more. It’s only a 5hour drive.
Heck I have a x9b deer tag which is in the same zone and I am already heading up there to scout next weekend. Scouting and time kills good animals. A Tule Elk is a once in a lifetime hunt unless you spend BIG BUCKS. Learn the area, learn the Bulls, pattern the Bulls, talk to the game managers.

make sure you are up there a day or 2 early before the hunt and plan on hunting the entire season you don’t want to be rushed. If the ID tag was going to limit my Tule Hunt I would Eat it. If you can do both hunts and still hunt the entire Tule season then go for it. You don’t want to be kicking yourself because you didn’t put time into this hunt. Dude they only give one tag out for this hunt!

C14C0CEC-5B3C-4D06-9131-3A881C9F87CA.png

Last edited:
If I had that tag I would make no less than 2 scouting trips before the season starts probably more. It’s only a 5hour drive.
Heck I have a x9b deer tag which is in the same zone and I am already heading up there to scout next weekend. Scouting and time kills good animals. A Tule Elk is a once in a lifetime hunt unless you spend BIG BUCKS. Learn the area, learn the Bulls, pattern the Bulls, talk to the game managers.

make sure you are up there a day or 2 early before the hunt and plan on hunting the entire season you don’t want to be rushed. If the ID tag was going to limit my Tule Hunt I would Eat it. If you can do both hunts and still hunt the entire Tule season then go for it. You don’t want to be kicking yourself because you didn’t put time into this hunt. Dude they only give one tag out for this hunt!

View attachment 39806

I hear ya! It is only about a 3 and a half for me I’m in Bakersfield! I still need to get ahold of the biologist I got his number just can’t get through to him. I def plan on at least a few if not more than five scouting trips! My buddy knows a guide up there who said he’d possibly help me. Or at least give me a lay of the land...I’m beyond stoked
The Idaho tag is a sawtooth tag which I’m hearing mixed things about. I’m hearing it’s heavy wolf country and not near as much elk as there used to be. But I still may give it a try I planned on two weeks but might cut it back to one. Who knows my luck may continue on and I might get my controlled hunt in Idaho. A man can dream right... I might head up to scout this weekend, do a little over nighter here’s some pics of some lone pine elk.IMG_2647.jpgIMG_2648.jpgIMG_2646.jpgIMG_2648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 39806

How many points did you draw x9b with??

You will more than likley have a mandatory meeting the night before the hunt ( used to be that way) i sherpad a hunt there with a buddy who drew one year...there were no less than 10 dfg personel in the field watching the herds that opening morning....one nice young fellow wearning nice new green jeans and a shiney badge hooked up with us about halfway thru the opening morning hunt..asked how we were doing..told him not so well...he said..follow me..we did, rolled up on a herd got out of the truck..mr. green jeans says..shoot that one..my buddy says ok..boom flop..dead tule bull..i loved that hunt!! I was a little pissed the officer drove off without helping load it in the truck..but i forgave him..he had another elk to lead to slaughter somehweres else i guess...

You will more than likley have a mandatory meeting the night before the hunt ( used to be that way) i sherpad a hunt there with a buddy who drew one year...there were no less than 10 dfg personel in the field watching the herds that opening morning....one nice young fellow wearning nice new green jeans and a shiney badge hooked up with us about halfway thru the opening morning hunt..asked how we were doing..told him not so well...he said..follow me..we did, rolled up on a herd got out of the truck..mr. green jeans says..shoot that one..my buddy says ok..boom flop..dead tule bull..i loved that hunt!! I was a little pissed the officer drove off without helping load it in the truck..but i forgave him..he had another elk to lead to slaughter somehweres else i guess...

lol did this really happen!? True story? Sounds to easy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu