Ca big game

It’s just genetically what they are. But it is pretty funny to watch people’s hopes and dreams shattered when they realize what the average buck down here looks like lol.
Exactly..lol..

Quite the contrary.... we have tons of sporks too!

In all honesty though, in my eyes our Southern mule deer are the equivalent in the mule deer world of what the Coues deer is in the whitetail world. Expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

I agree...And in our own county, there's like other sub species of these "hybrids"....Here's a few "16" bucks that rate above the forky range....lol

ps...All different areas of San Diego Co.

.golf tourney 11-15-10 003.JPGducks,doves,pheasants & deer 11-10 &11 2007 025.jpg134.JPGBucks & Wister 10-31-12 104.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Yeah there’s definitely some good ones around. That first buck is incredible for the ‘16 Steve. If I recall correctly you mentioned there were some kaibab bucks imported back in the day. Sure would be nice if they’d lend us a few more...

Reactions: ilovesprig
Yeah there’s definitely some good ones around. That first buck is incredible for the ‘16 Steve. If I recall correctly you mentioned there were some Kaibab bucks imported back in the day. Sure would be nice if they’d lend us a few more...

Yep, Kellen...That 1st buck was taken in one of those areas that has that gene supposedly....I know of 2 others that came out of there that look very similar.

Pretty cool video of some "16" bucks

Reactions: TRICER
Cool stuff!! Little big for me..but cool stuff for sure! MR.D16 & SON!

Awesome bucks.. let me know what butcher those go to next time so I can peek on the tag where they're from :cool:
From my understanding the majority of his bucks come from private. He is the same guy who posted the video of him on private and a dude shot the buck right in front of him illegally and they got it on film last season. @stikbrandon is friends with him they shoot archery shoots together all the time.

From my understanding the majority of his bucks come from private. He is the same guy who posted the video of him on private and a dude shot the buck right in front of him illegally and they got it on film last season. @stikbrandon is friends with him they shoot archery shoots together all the time.

Ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu