Chasin Coues...

The secret sauce...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-090703~2.png
    Screenshot_20211205-090703~2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Good stuff way to go hatch! Hope you didn’t have to pack it out.
Dude..I have yet to shoot a coues that has even been remotely close to a ROAD!! F me Alice!! I thanked Jesus personally today for the 2 boys that did all the work!!! Someday it's gonna happen that I can look out the window and spot one...someday..there's always hope!! Ha!!

Did I mention I hate Coues deer hunting for that very reason? Damn it they are in some holes!!

Had 2.5 days to try and fill my tag as today is last day of season..rolled out Friday..hunted Friday..passed a decent buck..kicked myself in the ass for not hammering him.... Saturday..morning hunt was a bust..instead of sitting under a mesquite taking a nap staring threw the same stupid 15s all damn day..we decided to hike into a basin we had never been to..( I was horrified as it was 80 out and high noon)..but I got sucked into what I thought vwas going to be a death March!! Got to first ridgeline...as I was bent over sucking wind..I see a boy crouch..motion back to me( as I was at leastv100yds behind them) hands above head..expressing buck..I finally get there and to my delight ..there was a buck bedded in the some slight shade of a mesquite..I throw up the glass and insanity tell the cockblockers.."I'm shooting this buck.. fck off"...problem was he was 587..and I'm a terrible shot..after some banter and some other choice words ..I get settled..had to shoot off double packs with bi pod deployed...not ideal .but that dam terrain was not gonna let me go to my sweet spot which is prone...as you can see in your video..One and done..boys say .wow dad...you actually can shoot..I reminded them who the master still is and that they are still cockblockers...they had no reply...got to him at about 1.30 pm ..was pleasantly surprised as he was better than I thought...did a bunch of grip and grins..then just layed in the same shade bed the buck was in.. watched them go to work... sure was a good day...full circle if you will...I like Coues hunting...boys are ok too..

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu