Dove Open

20 mph winds. I hate the wind. I really hate the wind. Since I won't be out there, it really doesn't mean jack to me.

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig
Richard,

Good luck over there...I will be in your neck of the woods Sunday...How about an afternoon shoot?

Slow start this morning in the IV due to the storm moving in...
7b5f21e396951295c2bfc5195d822be5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm just armchair dove hunting this year, and not happy about it. Reports from Az. just across the river are real good, limits all around. It looks like they are done for the day in any event, heavy rain, lightning, 25 mph winds.

Last edited:
IV was a little humid and sunrise was slow but shortly after they got going. And nice euro shoot aftrr the early mornings

I was north of Yuma but the action was south of us, non stop until 0800. Got drenched by a 15 min storm at 0300. Got half a limit due to lousy shooting. Traffic was great coming home, a great morning.

I saw one..tried to pack into where I thought he may be roosted for the day..but no dice ..he eluded me as the dove often do..so.. tommorow is another day..

We hit it just right..
OHELLYES Exactly how it should be done, Dove popes nose is the best part, heart, liver and gizzard a real close second. Of Course the cool kids just Brest them out a toss and the best parts. poppers my ass!!!

I had my limit by 7:30 in the central valley.
Walking the dog in the afternoon back at home and she brings me a bonus dove somehow. I think it got clipped by a car, however it happened I look down and she has another dove.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I had my limit by 7:30 in the central valley.
Walking the dog in the afternoon back at home and she brings me a bonus dove somehow. I think it got clipped by a car, however it happened I look down and she has another dove.
One year while dove hunting with my GSP, I had put a dove down and he went to retrieve it, well he was gone longer than I thought he should have been, so I start to give him return whistles, which took several tries. Finally he did come back, he had three dove in his mouth. All I could say was, good boy. :joy:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu