Dove opener awaits

check out http://huntplastercity.gov @Mud Pigeon

they have all the info and maps. you can get ammo and rental guns at the check station and beer garden opens at noon.

the California with more rights and freedom ( baja California mexico) opens up on aug 23rd..... crazy you can even use lead shot there :)
Dude your link doesn't work on my phone.
Pm me with the info for joining Mexico club...
Great stuff

To hunt mexico go to http://bajahunting.com book a fully guided hunt. From there you can learn how to freelance and not pay the big bucks. I do not take new people down unless they have something to offer. Ass, grass, or cash no one rides for free.
elk, pig and deer property gets a free duck hunt

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone already asked it, but if we are hunting general public land, not a state land, do we need to have non-toxic shot this year, or not till next year?

Maybe someone already asked it, but if we are hunting general public land, not a state land, do we need to have non-toxic shot this year, or not till next year?
In Komifornia it is against the law to hunt with anything but non-toxic shot. Find your steel shot now.
GOOD LUCK

Sean,

Mark is not joking....Steel 7's are not easy to find and without Wal-Mart now, expect to pay at least 7+ per box....Oh, and after finding them....You'll be there awhile, IF you have all the necessary paper work....If you don't you'll have to come back in a couple weeks.

ps....Please support CRPA and NRA who are suing to repeal this dumb a$$ law.

I hate to say this, but you know it won't get repealed...right?

And you can blame Chris Rock for this law. He stuck this idea into the masses heads with his comedy bit about making the bullets cost $5000 a piece.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Some out of the way Walmart's have it. My friend was in pamona and found a bunch.
Just start checking when you drive by.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Good luck out there......with the opener on Sunday those birds will be shy from all the euros being shot on Saturday!

I take my black dogs every year never a problem.....small feeder canals with no moving water your fine, use your brain.

Don't let them retrieve non stop, have shade, cool water & turn on the AC and aim it at their mouth, that cools them down quickly. I also give them Gatorade after the hunt.

Good luck out there......with the opener on Sunday those birds will be shy from all the euros being shot on Saturday!

I take my black dogs every year never a problem.....small feeder canals with no moving water your fine, use your brain.

Don't let them retrieve non stop, have shade, cool water & turn on the AC and aim it at their mouth, that cools them down quickly. I also give them Gatorade after the hunt.
Mark did you ever get that father and Son on a deer?
What you been up too.

Shoot euros on the day before.. never! Jk isn't it an opener tradition these days.. hunt euros at a different spot than your opener spot.. then bail to grab drinks and some shut eye before the sun rises and WW3 descends upon the valley

Shoot euros on the day before.. never! Jk isn't it an opener tradition these days.. hunt euros at a different spot than your opener spot.. then bail to grab drinks and some shut eye before the sun rises and WW3 descends upon the valley
Jason, a sure way to let everyone know the locations of your best euro spots is to hunt them on August 31st. Maybe it won’t make a difference but I’m gonna lay low until sunrise on the first.

Jason, a sure way to let everyone know the locations of your best euro spots is to hunt them on August 31st. Maybe it won’t make a difference but I’m gonna lay low until sunrise on the first.
True that, Kevin.. I've wanted to get some shooting in though at that one euro spot I showed you, before they post it again. I have a feeling signs will go up right before opener.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu