Flash back Friday..

Sure hope it's nothing serious. Make sure see know how lucky she is to have you. :)
All good fellas..thanks for the love!! Had the first of 2 nerve ablations in my neck..C6&C7...let the healing begin!!! Man what a painful debilitating thing to have a couple of nerves go bad and get squashed in your cervical spine..to many gun barrels hung out the truck window at that weird angle I guess..damn..high as a kite today...one more to go in a few weeks...gonna miss the duck closer...the horror..

I have a good friends who has had the ablations done twice. She was in unbearable pain until she finally had the first one done. First one was good for about ten years, second one not as long. She has now decided to have the big surgery. She goes under the knife next month. Hers are in the lower back, not sure which ones. She was a downhill skier and pro water skier. She competed in the 1968 Winter Olympic Games. Broke 19 bones before she was 17, her back twice. Back then steroids were the answer, they cause a lot of the issues she has today.

Reactions: HATCHET1
@HATCHET1

Sorry to hear your in the club!

My L5-S1 disk is herniated 10mm by 1.5 cm. The Nero wanted to give me a micro discectomy. Told him what was option 2? Ol boy said get the needle, told him to line me up. Been 2 years now and I still have pain, way less then where I was, Makes me think twice on everything I do but I’m pushin foward and who knows maybe a artificial disk in the coming years is in line but as of now, we Rollin big Pu$$y.

Keep tracking in them boots my friend !

Dude...my wife tells me I'm 235pounds of the biggest pussy she has ever known....she had a daughter and triplet boys ..and she's 5'2...man..she's lucky to have me!!! Thanks for concern brohiem..just gonna take a little time..this pain and paralysis shit is no joke.. baby stepping it fo sho..

Yup had the same thing in my neck. The neuritis after the ablation sucked. Being conscious as they put those needles as close to the nerve roof as they could sucked. But when they turned up the radio frequency to begin the ablation, I nearly shat myself.
Since then, have done numerous Botox injections. PRP injections all trying to not have a fusion.
Praying you get to feeling better

Yup had the same thing in my neck. The neuritis after the ablation sucked. Being conscious as they put those needles as close to the nerve roof as they could sucked. But when they turned up the radio frequency to begin the ablation, I nearly shat myself.
Since then, have done numerous Botox injections. PRP injections all trying to not have a fusion.
Praying you get to feeling better
Thanks. Bro...I'm a big pussy..you still Ft.Sam??

Been a long while since I posted, but after reading Hatchet's post and the replies, I had to chime in. I was in a car accident 12 years ago---sitting at a red light when a lady driving a Suburban rear-ended me [bet Hatchet replies that he HATES getting rear-ended] at 45 mph. She was texting, never touched her brakes. My truck was totalled, her Sub was totaled, I was really screwed up. Within an hour, she was back home in Mexico and had no insurance. I had two major operations on my shoulder, 2 of the 4 detached muscles were destroyed and could not be saved, and I had a fragmented disc at c6/c7. Went thru 11 weeks of hell, pain was awful, playing games with my insurance company since the lady had no insurance, going thru phys therapy, but I finally lost all sensation in my right hand and began to lose use of the muscles. Began to stumble. Neurosurgeon contacted insurance company and told them that if I didn't have major surgery they would be in a heap of deep legal shi.. Had surgery 2 days later. 2 screws, titanium plate, cage, cadaver bone, stem cells---the whole shebang. Could not lift anything over 5 pounds for 45 days. But, within a day after surgery, no pain at all. A month after surgery and up until now, pain 1/10 what it used to be. Downside is that you lose flexibility in your cervical area and that puts a strain on the other discs. c5/c6 are starting to get pissed off but I think it will resolve on its own.

Google the surgical procedure and it will scare you. They go in thru your throat, move the esophagus and trachea aside, and attach all the hardware from the rear. That avoids having to cut the muscles in the back of your neck. I went in at 6:30 AM and was discharged a bit after noon. Basically a painless recovery. It's a lot less painful than ablation but the insurance companies don't like it because it costs so much.

In terms of the level of pain and suffering, I would rate it about the same as having to sit thru Biden's State of the Union Address.

I will be selling a bunch of firearms over the next few months at prices far below Gunbroker or elsewhere. Will give substantial discount to veterans. Stay tuned for more info. Not quitting hunting at all, but I need to face reality. Too many guns, too little time left, someone else who can use them should own them.

Pain for me is like 17 out of 10..can't believe a nerve can do that to a large mammal..but it did..And yes..there was that one time in college..after a long night of drinking...I got rear ended..still traumatized over it...trying to forget it...damn..make good choices in life fellas...shit comes back to haunt you for sure...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu