punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
I have a few weeks left to get ready for my first NRL hunter match. My 6.5 barrel is being finicky with load development. Hopefully i can make it group and dont need to have a new barrel made in an emergency. The rifle in competition trim will be as follows:

-Terminus Zues action with QC system
-Benchmark 6.5cm heavy Palma barrel
-MPA hybrid chassis
-Leupold Mark 5, 5-25 with H59 reticle
-ARC rings
-Triggertech diamond trigger
-MDT CKYE pod single pull bipod

I should weigh in just below 16#s for the heavy weight class.

I am shooting berger 140 hybrids at 2850fps that will give me a power factor of 399,000. That's well above the minimum

I really think this will help build hunting skills while having fun. Hopefully some of you guys want to join in one day...

Here is the match info

NRL hunter rules

You obviously have a very cool wife. Good luck to you...
I have a few weeks left to get ready for my first NRL hunter match. My 6.5 barrel is being finicky with load development. Hopefully i can make it group and dont need to have a new barrel made in an emergency. The rifle in competition trim will be as follows:

-Terminus Zues action with QC system
-Benchsource 6.5cm heavy Palma barrel
-MPA hybrid chassis
-Leupold Mark 5, 5-25 with H59 reticle
-ARC rings
-Triggertech diamond trigger
-MDT CKYE pod single pull bipod

I should weigh in just below 16#s for the heavy weight class.

I am shooting berger 140 hybrids at 2850fps that will give me a power factor of 399,000. That's well above the minimum

I really think this will help build hunting skills while having fun. Hopefully some of you guys want to join in one day...You

• Haha
Reactions: MasonP
If I had money, I would be so up for doing this. As it stands, the closest 100 yard range to even train on is a good 40 miles away, plus the cost of ammo...

Sorry, my jealousy is on full display haha

Where do you live? There are several places to shoot longer ranges

Where do you live? There are several places to shoot longer ranges
I live in La Mirada. Closest to us is...Raahauge in Corona I believe. For standard ranges that is, since most public land has had restrictions put in place that discharge of firearms is only allowed for hunting, no target shooting allowed.

I live in La Mirada. Closest to us is...Raahauge in Corona I believe. For standard ranges that is, since most public land has had restrictions put in place that discharge of firearms is only allowed for hunting, no target shooting allowed.
Angeles Shooting Range is about 40 miles away and I believe it goes out to 600

Reactions: Papadeuce
Angeles Shooting Range is about 40 miles away and I believe it goes out to 600
Yeah, Angeles is about a 45mi drive (1-1.5hrs through the city). Ive been once, those LONG ranges are awesome, so much more fun than a 50-100 yard range

Yeah, Angeles is about a 45mi drive (1-1.5hrs through the city). Ive been once, those LONG ranges are awesome, so much more fun than a 50-100 yard range
That's what got me in to long range and PRS. I really lost my passion to shoot. I got bored shooting paper targets at 100 yards. After shooting 600 yards one day I really got excited again and reignited my passion for shooting. I immediately built a 300wm and was able to stretch her to a mile. Then PRS added so many more elements to challenge myself. I feel like the NRL hunter matches may help some others in the same way and that why I am sharing with you guys.

That's what got me in to long range and PRS. I really lost my passion to shoot. I got bored shooting paper targets at 100 yards. After shooting 600 yards one day I really got excited again and reignited my passion for shooting. I immediately built a 300wm and was able to stretch her to a mile. Then PRS added so many more elements to challenge myself. I feel like the NRL hunter matches may help some others in the same way and that why I am sharing with you guys.
That sounds totally awesome, a mile shot. Im glad you rediscovered the passion :D

Congrats for sure and thanks for the share of knowledge. With all due respect and you being married. How do get away with this ?. (Just kidding) I'm happy for all of you and you're family. Good on you and congrat's for sure. That's gotta cost a small fortune as well as other things about time.. You are livin the life. Congrat's again ...

Here we go. I am in. @punkur67 has twisted my arm. Now the gear procurement has begun. All in - watching videos etc.

And Fine Firearms will be a major sponsor of this national event. I dare the SCH hunters to give this a try. I will probably suck, and look dumb doing it but it will be fun and representing will be cool too. And for sure, I will be a better shot and have learned a ton after this experience.

Who else is in?

Reactions: punkur67
My dasher cant play not enough power

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu