Stoked that @NBK is coming out! And so cool to have Fine Firearms as a sponsor at the match

@Aeon they got you covered. Or just get a man bun gun like me!
Screenshot_20220216-220631_Chrome.jpg

Glad to see some local hunters will be coming out to the match. This match format is a ton of fun and really tests your ability to find, range and engage targets while under pressure. Time management and gear management is key.

I will be there as an RO for the match, but will also be shooting the course of fire Friday. Look forward to seeing you guys there and I hope you have a blast!

Also thanks a bunch @NBK for sponsoring the match! That is awesome and so appreciated!

Glad to see some local hunters will be coming out to the match. This match format is a ton of fun and really tests your ability to find, range and engage targets while under pressure. Time management and gear management is key.

I will be there as an RO for the match, but will also be shooting the course of fire Friday. Look forward to seeing you guys there and I hope you have a blast!

Also thanks a bunch @NBK for sponsoring the match! That is awesome and so appreciated!
Thank you for being an RO! I will be sure to say hi. Do you shoot with SDPRC?

Look forward to meeting you @Meety Peety . But just to be clear @Fine Firearms is sponsoring the match. I am just facilitating. Glad to be part of this nonetheless. It will sharpen the skills of anyone who signs up and shoots. I hope more SCH folks partake.

Look forward to meeting you @Meety Peety . But just to be clear @Fine Firearms is sponsoring the match. I am just facilitating. Glad to be part of this nonetheless. It will sharpen the skills of anyone who signs up and shoots. I hope more SCH folks partake.
Ahh gotcha, apologies for the confusion. I was under the impression you guys were the same entity. Big thanks @Fine Firearms for sponsoring the match!

Yes I've been shooting with SDPRC for years and if you've shot any of the Pala matches, chances are we've shot together. I'm at most of them.
I have been shooting there for about a year and a half. We probably shot together unless your on squad 1. I'm not good and tough enough for that squad. Haha

I spent the last month trying to get my new barrel to shoot. It's just a turd and I will not be using it. I had a solid powder node but it would not group at all. I did a seating depth test from .010 to .100 off the lands and it just would not perform. I even tried a barrel tuner. I even had a couple other good shooters try and it did not get any better.
These were the groups I was getting.
20220221_122201.jpg

I scrambled last night and today and was able to get a new barrel in the mail thanks to Joel from Terminus. Hopefully the new barrel performs. Nothing like a last minute scramble to get ready!

Reactions: ilovesprig and NBK
Back in the game! Nice...

Heading to a long range course tomorrow for final dope validation. My arm coach arrives today and my tripod table will be here tomorrow. I might suck but I will at least have a few tools to suck less.

I have pajamas just like his. I got to meet the little man yesterday. He is a bad ass little dude!

Reactions: punkur67
That D16 Forky doesn't stand a chance..sweet rig!

Looks like we are going to get some weather this weekend at the match. I ordered an umbrella holder to mount to my tripod, got a waterproof rifle cover, and i will be pulling out my dry gear. Should make things interesting!

1646243277685.png

Well the weather was accurate. It was cold, wet, rain, and hail through the day. It's today and tomorrow. Made a hit at 1220 yards with a calculated 38 mph wind with 7.5 mills and clipped the edge of the plate. I would have center punched it at 7.7 mills.
20220305_153717.jpg20220305_134245.jpg20220305_145247.jpg

We had a really fun first day. We need to get more of you guys out here for the next match

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu