Harold and Kumar go to San J

Really slow today, no wind, no birds in the air. Have not heard a shot from any blind in a few hours. The guy in the blind to the left of me almost has mary had a little lamb down on his whistle. Every once in a while high flyers will give me the once over then their gone.

Welcome to the usual Sunday duck hunt at Wister. It’s tough . One thing , have the mosquitoes come back bad with the warm temps ? Good luck, hope you get some. Old Quack 49

I tried making some adjustments to my decoys to bring in more coots but I think I did something wrong, it just brought these in.

84703501-EF84-459E-9C81-450AE914F21C.jpeg

Called it at 4. After 2 days and over twenty hours of duck hunting, nine hours of driving, and seven hours of sleep i am going delirious. Even though I didnt carry out a bird I still carried out more than I brought in.

52FFB56E-C736-494A-A6A1-B4AA2C2F1BCC.jpeg

Till next Season Duckers.

Last edited:
Clydes had this beat by 1000,s..not to mention fattys thread back in the day...but for a duck thread, it was pretty good, nice job Trap for sticking with it and Finishing. Now get out there and chase that D16 Boar that is running around out there..., he needs to get dead.

**Disclaimer...I know nothing about pig hunting..and dont live in CA...purely speculatory and hear say** LOL

• Haha
Reactions: JakeSCH and TRICER
woke up with a ducking hangover....ouch.. Had to add some pics after the fact, wister wi-fi was down yesterday.

yea the D16 boar is next on the hit list, legendary animal, trying to decide if I want to turn right or left on the 5. I haven't gone hogging since college days in the local bars.

Are there really any pigs left down there to bother going after? I'm going to be trying but up in A zone.

Which taxidermist are you using? I got my first cinnamon mounted as well.

Any Taxi recommendations for birds? Im in OC but have heard guys will ship them also, I dunno. I was reading in field and stream to freeze the whole bird with its head under a wing so thats what I did.

Also anyone know a taxi that would do a shark 5-6’? I am good for two adult leopard sharks a year and think I am going to keep the next one.

Reactions: nicapopolis
Any Taxi recommendations for birds? Im in OC but have heard guys will ship them also, I dunno. I was reading in field and stream to freeze the whole bird with its head under a wing so thats what I did.

Also anyone know a taxi that would do a shark 5-6’? I am good for two adult leopard sharks a year and think I am going to keep the next one.
Living Designs Taxidermy in Costa Mesa. Great guys and they do great work.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu