Heads up

Here are the things you I would say if stopped.

I'm hunting so I'm going off trail often or completely.
Being outdoors hunting alone is following social distance guidelines.
The act of giving somebody a citation is in itself a violation of social distancing guidelines and where otherwise those guidelines are being adhered to doing so would be putting the person, the LEO, and the public at large at a health risk for carrying out these counter productive interactions.
Hunting is essential as a successful results in the procurement of food. Food in which one would NOT have to go to the grocery store and risk infection from the virus or spreading the virus to others. Telling somebody they are not allowed to procure their own food though means of hunting, fishing, or growing (someplace are not selling garden supplies) and MUST buy food for survival from a location with a much higher probability of contracting a deadly virus is about the most disgusting perverse assertion of control and a violation of ones rights, life, and liberty I can think of.
You'll have to fight this gross unconstitutional violation of rights in the court, forcing you to come into contact with others increasing risk of contracting the virus. If you get the virus because of having to fight a violation of rights you'll be forced to sue for damages.
I would not hand over a license or accept a citation due to the current situation just show and tell them to mail it to you if they really want.

In short, please kindly F off.

Sad to hear this sort of thing is occurring down there. I've not seen or heard anything like this occurring in Angeles NF. There are closures but I see them getting ignored and there is plenty of areas that are not. I even found a way to drive deep back behind locked gates... even though I'm not a fan of roads on the sides of cliffs good to know it's there if I need it.

Telling somebody they are not allowed to procure their own food though means of hunting, fishing, or growing (someplace are not selling garden supplies) and MUST buy food for survival from a location with a much higher probability of contracting a deadly virus is about the most disgusting perverse assertion of control and a violation of ones rights, life, and liberty I can think of.
Last time I visited the store it was crawling with people. Made me wonder why remote trails are deemed the threat.

Fellow members and hunters, I was not in any of the areas notated by Mesmashy.
Can you imagine the reverse that will be generated at $500/citation.
My family has made a solid effort to maintain our distancing, no Easter family BBQ, inlaws didn't come over for youngest son's birthday.
I manage a home improvement store and am in awe how some view purchasing marigolds and daisy's are essential. This while NOT wearing a mask
We're extremely effective and efficient with a professional protocol to maintain social distancing and cleaning routines to keep thos who truly require essential home improvement and building essentials safe, at best that we can do.
Yet, God forbide I free dive in an open ocean or hike (X) amount of mile to get duped by a damn turkey.
Staying at home is not the answer, how about common sense.
And do give me that crap about how we put our law enforcement in danger. Give me a break.
The only laws that are being broken are our Constitutional rights
So, it's time this year to vote SOLID "RED" and not Lucifer's "BLUE" into office...

Reactions: ilovesprig

The act of giving somebody a citation is in itself a violation of social distancing guidelines and where otherwise those guidelines are being adhered to doing so would be putting the person, the LEO, and the public at large at a health risk for carrying out these counter productive interactions.
Hunting is essential as a successful results in the procurement of food. Food in which one would NOT have to go to the grocery store and risk infection from the virus or spreading the virus to others. Telling somebody they are not allowed to procure their own food though means of hunting, fishing, or growing (someplace are not selling garden supplies) and MUST buy food for survival from a location with a much higher probability of contracting a deadly virus is about the most disgusting perverse assertion of control and a violation of ones rights, life, and liberty I can think of.
You'll have to fight this gross unconstitutional violation of rights in the court, forcing you to come into contact with others increasing risk of contracting the virus. If you get the virus because of having to fight a violation of rights you'll be forced to sue for damages.
I would not hand over a license or accept a citation due to the current situation just show and tell them to mail it to you if they really want.

Sad to hear this sort of thing is occurring down there. I've not seen or heard anything like this occurring in Angeles NF. There are closures but I see them getting ignored and there is plenty of areas that are not. I even found a way to drive deep back behind locked gates... even though I'm not a fan of roads on the sides of cliffs good to know it's there if I need it.
the real reason they are giving out citation is

The real reason they are handing out citations is because of loss revenues in traffic citations

Reactions: ilovesprig
The real reason they are handing out citations is because of loss revenues in traffic citations
Now THAT I can believe! Wouldn't surprise me if internally some funds were re-routed to their depts specifically so they could potentially drum up some revenue since they freakin KNOW people are gonna get "House Buggy" and for sure try to get out into the wild here and there. And I'm sure these more pricier citations add up quick.

Every state and every county within every state is different as far as what it needs. It disappointes me to as to how so many people blame conspiricies and fact pick what they want to believe and do not look at all the info that is being presented by all the news sources and not drawing their own decisions based on all facts presented. If you just listen to one source or another you are not getting all or maybe no part of the truth and are not considering that maybe its just our federal goverment led by Trump and his group experts trying to do it's job and is trying to lead us through this regarding the serious effect that the virus is causing mayhem within the entire fifty states and the rest of the world. I think Trump is doing the best he can but he as any president faces many challenges and much of it has to do with party lines which is very sad from my perspective as to what our goverment has become, Bottom line IMO do what you are being asked to do and our local and federal experts will lead us to safety regardless of the mistakes they make along the way. All facet's of goverment local and federal want us to recover and move on. None of them will get raises until we recover or will be voted back into office and prove their worth or worthlessness. Watch what your local representatives do in the next few months and base your vote on that.

Plenty of speeding tickets to be handed out with no more traffic. But I can't recall seeing a single car pulled over on the road since this started. Granted without traffic to slow things up I think some of the racers can just open up and get away.

Plenty of speeding tickets to be handed out with no more traffic. But I can't recall seeing a single car pulled over on the road since this started. Granted without traffic to slow things up I think some of the racers can just open up and get away.
they may be able to outrun the squad car, but not the radio.

Reactions: YETI
For as many people I've seen racing around lately I sure don't see any pulled over. Maybe they are just parked at trailheads handing out tickets as people come back to their cars from a hike. No radio needed and the citations come to you.

^^^ THIS!! ^^^

Although... once upon a time, as a younger man... on one very very early Sunday morning... where everyone was basically still in bed... I did ride from where Sunset Bl crosses the 101 Fwy.... down and over to Brookhurst and Hamilton in HB... ... in just 25 minutes. ;)

It's amazing what you can do with 1000cc's

Last edited:
For as many people I've seen racing around lately I sure don't see any pulled over. Maybe they are just parked at trailheads handing out tickets as people come back to their cars from a hike. No radio needed and the citations come to you.
They wouldn't even wait for the hikers to come back. Just slap the citations on their windows. There's even citations with adhesive backing.

Trailheads? Parking Lots? Those are for hikers. I am usually that random car pulled off the road easement onto BLM land. Resembles more of the remnants of a DUI driver from the night before that drove off the road than a hunter that parked there.

^^^ THIS!! ^^^

Although... once upon a time, as a younger man... on one very very early Sunday morning... where everyone was basically still in bed... I did ride from where Sunset Bl crosses the 101 Fwy.... down and over to Brookhurst and Hamilton in HB... ... in just 25 minutes. ;)

It's amazing what you can do with 1000cc's
Ya in 1977 with a 1969 Mercury cyclone 429ci did the Star wars run from long beach to SD less 60 minutes., Cops didn't care. It was built with high end gear ratios.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER
Ya in 1977 with a 1969 Mercury cyclone 429ci did the Star wars run from long beach to SD less 60 minutes., Cops didn't care. It was built with high end gear ratios.
Once went from WestLA to Downton SD in 55 min (EDIT: Hrmm wait, check that, I think it was 65 min) on the GSXR 750. Early morning of course so everyone was going fast as well.

Yeah, on an 750 or 1000 class bike? Oh my goodness 80mph feels like you're just walking. Revs barely up at all. Since they're made to go soo much faster than that.

So whats the real agenda here.
Buddy was driving up to Descanso to bid on a job..
Forestry Law Enforcement lights him up.
Pulls over and is asked, where are you headed. Buddy tells him a job and was told to turn around and go back down the hill when you're done.
Friend had a camo hat on which.
Officer asked where do you live, he stated La Mesa.
Officer said you're not supposed to be up here hunting.
He let him know he doesn't hunt and the officer said ok, but you really should just try to stay home...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu