Heavy metal turkey loads

Is your jelly head the maximum? Or TSS? Can’t seem to find .665 on their website. I’m looking to get one for my Monte. Looks like the .650 is the only construction for Benelli crio though?

I thought it was a .665...It actually is .655...I've shot everything thru it.

Primos Jelly Head Turkey Choke Tube Benelli, Beretta Mobilchoke 12 Gauge .655" Constriction​

• Product #: 632672
  • Manufacturer #: 651
  • UPC #: 010135006518

Last edited:
Reactions: Yobiwon

.https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1008160985
What gun do you have i

Primos Jelly Head Turkey Choke Tube Benelli, Beretta Mobilchoke 12 Gauge .655" Constriction​

• Product #: 632672
  • Manufacturer #: 651
  • UPC #: 010135006518
have you put TSS through it? What is your thoughts on Federal Blackcloud TSS 3/9 shot? Also gunbroker seems the way right now for ammo but to ship and FFL it adds up quick. Any other hot places holding other than waiting in line at big Five?! Bubbles got to burst at some point right??

What gun do you have i

have you put TSS through it? What is your thoughts on Federal Blackcloud TSS 3/9 shot? Also Gunbroker seems the way right now for ammo but to ship and FFL it adds up quick. Any other hot places holding other than waiting in line at Big Five?! Bubbles got to burst at some point right??

I shoot a Benelli Super Black Eagle l, with a Primos Jellyhead...My thoughts on Blackcloud TSS is that it's 1/2 steel...I would go with Hevi-Shot Blend or Federal TSS 7's or 9's...Call Fine Firearms in La Mesa, Cal Custom Guns in Fallbrook, or any of the smaller shops around.

I shoot a Benelli Super Black Eagle l, with a Primos Jellyhead...My thoughts on Blackcloud TSS is that it's 1/2 steel...I would go with Hevi-Shot Blend or Federal TSS 7's or 9's...Call Fine Firearms in La Mesa, Cal Custom Guns in Fallbrook, or any of the smaller shops around.
Think I’m gonna go that same setup with my Monte. What would you expect to pay for a box of the federal Hesvyweight Tss? Just so I know I’m not getting ripped off haha. Ill give those shops a call. Thank you always appreciate the tips!

3" Hevi-Shot Blend or Hevi-13 probably around $30-35.00....TSS Federal 3" around $40-45.00...None of it's cheap...Just can't see not having the best the few times we have an opportunity at a gobbler.

ps...Any Hevi-Shot turkey load is good...Size 5's or 6's

Think I’m gonna go that same setup with my Monte. What would you expect to pay for a box of the federal Hesvyweight Tss? Just so I know I’m not getting ripped off haha. Ill give those shops a call. Thank you always appreciate the tips!
$45 for a box of 5

$45 for a box of 5
Ridiculous, We all know it does not cost that much to manufacture and make a profit and that the ammo companies are overrun with back orders because of the paranoia that people have experinced with a new election year and covid. This is the same as the toilet paper/paper towel shortage earlier this year. People getting out of control and the manufacturers taking advantage of it. The manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves but yet they are not. Glad I have plenty of reloading supplies. I will not show my shadow on their door step for many many years to come...

I like the 870 express with kent 3" #4 ,s.. or whatever is rolling around on the floor board at the moment of truth..

3" Hevi-Shot Blend or Hevi-13 probably around $30-35.00....TSS Federal 3" around $40-45.00...None of it's cheap...Just can't see not having the best the few times we have an opportunity at a gobbler.

That’s about what I’m seeing around. Now just a matter of it being in stock. Thanks again

I’m thinking I should order ammo now for dove season and hope it gets here in time.

I’m thinking I should order ammo now for dove season and hope it gets here in time.
That’s the one season to really stock up on Boxes of steel will be flyin!! haha. I got into some serious quail last year walking out cause I’m outta shells and not because of limit. Not the way. I’ve been building the dove/quail stock slowly but surely

Ridiculous, We all know it does not cost that much to manufacture and make a profit and that the ammo companies are overrun with back orders because of the paranoia that people have experinced with a new election year and covid. This is the same as the toilet paper/paper towel shortage earlier this year. People getting out of control and the manufacturers taking advantage of it. The manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves but yet they are not. Glad I have plenty of reloading supplies. I will not show my shadow on their door step for many many years to come...
Tungsten is actually pretty expensive plus you need a huge advertising budget to convince hunters to shoot no matter how far away a bird is.

Tungsten is actually pretty expensive plus you need a huge advertising budget to convince hunters to shoot no matter how far away a bird is.

TSS is $50.00 a pound....About 8 shells a bag (2 oz)....Plus hull, primer, powder, wad....And that's using your own time.

That’s the one season to really stock up on Boxes of steel will be flyin!! haha. I got into some serious quail last year walking out cause I’m outta shells and not because of limit. Not the way. I’ve been building the dove/quail stock slowly but surely

I’ll be hunting Yuma where lead is still legal. Regular 8’s or 7-1/2’s will do. I could make my own, I have the supplies on hand to do it.

Other than being full camo I think she’s gonna do damn fine as a turkey gun! Managed to find some tss 7 and 9 combo and full 9 to go with it. Got out yesterday amongst a few Toms gobblin for a good hour but couldn’t reel em in. Ended up pushin them into private. Until next week. Thanks again for the info.

Other than being full camo I think she’s gonna do damn fine as a turkey gun! Managed to find some tss 7 and 9 combo and full 9 to go with it. Got out yesterday amongst a few Toms gobblin for a good hour but couldn’t reel em in. Ended up pushin them into private. Until next week. Thanks again for the info.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu