Hunting muleys on public land, so. Cal

Don't hate the life straw, I merely recognize it as a flawed piece of logic with good marketing. The Sawyer mini filter it not anymore high tech then the straw. They are both essentially the same concept, one is just more well thought out is all. One is actually useful in SoCal, the other simply is not.
Every thing man made or designed is flawed. That Sawyer mini filter is flawed plastic junk.
Most of technology is junk.
Most programming is junk.
I worked with genius's, who thought they were genius over 45 years. Making stuff that was over complicated junk.
If you rely on just technology
You will fail.
There is an old saying.
KISS
Keep it simple stupid.

Reactions: Smokey58
That's because most programming wasn't done by my hands ;)

I was raised/groomed in a small sized shop. So I did EVERYTHING. I came up with the abstract designs of the needed objects/classes... did the coding... I QA'd it... BY HAND!!!....and a DAMN lotta the time had to Debug other companies components too. Almost always... with almost no help from ANYONE. I prided myself on the fact that when I handed it in to you... I knew damn well that code was bug free. Not only that... but because of my mentors.... that code was designed with an eye to the future because I knew if something later-on needed to be changed? I'd be that unlucky bastard that'd have to come back and fix or change it. So ya kinda learn not to paint-yourself-into-a-corner coding-wise. And you learn to comment profusely so when you come back to this spot 6 months... or a year later... and have completely forgotten all about this area because you moved on to other stuff... you'd just read thru the nicely written comments you left for yourself and bada-bing, it all came flooding back to you.

Some part of the code... like inside the guts of this date calculation engine... it takes ya like 2 days of stepping thru it in the debugger just to get the understanding back into your head of how it all works... so you can then move on to implementing a change, some new functionality. Or maybe massage some processes and figure out a way to make 'em able to be more efficient, 'cause like... there are some large law firms which have like 2 Million+ events in their calendars. So some of these automated processes like when new date caluclation formulas are applied to existing groups of events.... can take a few days to run to completion just because they have so many stinking events on file.

I get paid to make complex processes appear to be KISS, to the users.

Last edited:
Ok LOL we are not so different.
We can agree disagree. Then move on let's keep this thread positive, and moving.
I agree there is stupid stuff.
But the it was how and way you wrote it. I like it that you
At least you explained why you don't like it. that was good.
We can hash out equipment by
Making recommendations.
To me it's not polite call someone gear stupid. LOL even if it is.
Let's start over.
PS: just know I type on a phone no internet. So my access is limited.

Well back to hunting, had the day off today me and and buddy went looking to fill our A22, it's nice during the week only saw a handful of hunters, saw only 3 doe, but they saw us first bye bye. The other finds of the day were 4 tree stands, one deer leg, one Turkey leg 20181205_081859.jpg20181205_080707.jpg

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Well back to hunting, had the day off today me and and buddy went looking to fill our A22, it's nice during the week only saw a handful of hunters, saw only 3 doe, but they saw us first bye bye. The other finds of the day were 4 tree stands, one deer leg, one Turkey leg View attachment 37219View attachment 37220
Wow what's for dinner. Turkey and venison. Said the coyote and the lion.

Sucks rain is here and tag ran out.
Just never know. Best hunting time.
Did I say I like the rain.
Fresh tracks-just follow the them
It works.
Deer like to move in rain cool weather.
Wear water proof clothing. Stay dry
Good to go hunting.
And don't wear leather boots.
Especially if it's not water proofed.
And this he exception to the rule.
Lightly oil up that rifle. Keep rust from starting. Just keep it clean.
Did I say I don't like ponchos.
Pants will get soaking wet from the brush. It sucks.
At least wear water proof pants with a Pancho.
When expecting rain but it's not raining when I start. Those cheap
Walmart special rain gear that fits
In your back pocket. Use them once. They will tear but last a couple of days. Buy good rain gear
If you can afford it.
As last resort I get caught not expecting rain. I have my contractor bag. I will use it on a pinch. Better than wet.

$28 cameras? They any good? I'm assuming they must be since you use them. I'm liking that idea. It's a pain taking in the Python cable lock as well. I wouldn't cry about losing a cheap one like that.

'dog

Hell, Wal-Mart was blowing them out for less than that....I think their everyday price was $38.00....Includes SB card & 8 batteries.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu