I know, I know

Really, that's the problem? A private property hunt club with planted birds? I'd like to see more game on the millions of acres of public land available but can't fault people for paying for memberships or buying their own property.
Fault? No, not the customers. They have money and pay. The industry asking for so much, yes. And it's not just about this. Look at NFL with seat licenses. Its not the cost of tickets anymore. Now it's $5000 in nose bleed section, just so you can buy a ticket. At 20000 you barely get a half decent seat in the corners of the stadium, and only then you get to pay for tickets. And if you just want to get a single game ticket, the the cost is triple because sellers paid for those licenses.
As for "planted " game, wow, I'd rather give up hunting than have animals planted or released just before I get there, as outfitters do. $30000 for an elk that's been kept, and released nearby just so customer can shoot it. That's fake hunting to me.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
People charge what the market will bear....It's called capitalism....If you have a problem with lack of "wild" game....Do something....This state is getting less and less hunter and fisherman friendly....Complaining on this or any other forum does nothing....Complain to DFW.

Do you belong to CWA, RMEF, QF, NWTF, or even the NRA?....These groups and others do fight for our hunting & gun rights.

ps...."Put and take" has it's place....Some folks have more money than time.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
People charge what the market will bear....It's called capitalism....If you have a problem with lack of "wild" game....Do something....This state is getting less and less hunter and fisherman friendly....Complaining on this or any other forum does nothing....Complain to DFW.

Do you belong to CWA, RMEF, QF, NWTF, or even the NRA?....These groups and others do fight for our hunting & gun rights.

ps...."Put and take" has it's place....Some folks have more money than time.

As much as you're entitled to your opinion, as am I. I don't put you down for your opinion and expect as much, specially from your position on this site.
If you must know, yes I'm a NRA and RMEF member, and will be in SD for tune up and to meet with nwtf guy that I've been talking to. Nobody is talking about rights here. So don't get political on me. I expect more from a moderator. I'm not discussing rights here. As I hunt, I'd want those rights just as much as the next hunter or just an enthusiast, or anyone who believes in it. If you think my comments are against hunters, then you need to read it again as I never said anything about it. How could it be that I love to hunt, and be unfriendly to hunting and hunters? I couldn't and am not unfriendly to hunting and hunters. You misunderstood my whole comment and assumed incorrectly.

Its not just about the money to me. Its the concept. In Indiana the state provides p&t for $15 per hunter for 2 bird limit. It doesn't make it hunting to me. Maybe it does to you. And that's your opinion.
Read this
http://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/hunting_pheasant-hunting_in_aa111804a/243275#

Last edited:
ihunt,

San Jacinto W.A., Imperial W.A., and DFW provide pheasant hunts....FREE....Also, if it wasn't for private properties we probably wouldn't have any game left in SoCal, especially turkeys.

I suggest you read a little and understand what we all go thru to hunt here....And trust me, most every state has more private than public.
Good to know. When you say "we" I'm on the same boat. Totally agree with super lack of hunt in so cal. But this is where we live and have to make the most of it. For those of us who could barely muster a weekend to hunt and work all week, we have to hunt nearby. Maybe one of these years I'll get to have a whole week to go out and hunt where there's ample hunt and great opportunities
Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona ate just some examples of the states with more blm than any other property type, not considering national Forests, some of which on e could hunt.

See, that's the problem right there. Hunt privileges only for the affluent top 5% of people. No longer the place for average Joe hunter. We get to do blm or nothing. Those who have 10000 to spare, well, enjoy
We're blessed with an abundance of public land (National Forest, BLM, and State Wildlife Areas) that's only an hour's drive or less from a major metropolitan area. That's not even including the IV, which opens up even more FREE wingshooting opportunities. I know people in Texas and the East Coast that pay good money every year for hunting leases because there's not much public land opps. So even though our hunting can be tough I'm still grateful I don't pay a dime outside of gas and gear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As for "planted " game, wow, I'd rather give up hunting than have animals planted or released just before I get there, as outfitters do. $30000 for an elk that's been kept, and released nearby just so customer can shoot it. That's fake hunting to me.

First off, I was NOT putting you down....I would NEVER purposely do that....I have felt your frustration many times....I worked too and hunted nothing but public.

I named this thread...."I know, I know"....Because they can go sideways when someone thinks this isn't hunting....I agree it's more shooting than hunting, but again, it was fun and the pheasant taste great....Also, I was an invited guest.

And as far as bringing politics into a conversation....Better get used to it here in California and every other state....The anti's are trying to take our hunting privileges and lands from us....It's that simple.

We're blessed with an abundance of public land (National Forest, BLM, and State Wildlife Areas) that's only an hour's drive or less from a major metropolitan area. That's not even including the IV, which opens up even more FREE wingshooting opportunities. I know people in Texas and the East Coast that pay good money every year for hunting leases because there's not much public land opps. So even though our hunting can be tough I'm still grateful I don't pay a dime outside of gas and gear.

Yup. Fully agree. We have good amount of it. There are several States that have good amount of it and some States that totally lack which is really sad. Obviously so Cal is harder to hunt than our northern neighbors. As a weekend hunter I have to rely on what's around me . My whole goal of being on the site is to get back up on my feet and find good friends to buddy up and hunt. If you enjoyed it as well send me a message and we will make something happen. Thanks

Reactions: Jake S.
First off, I was NOT putting you down....I would NEVER purposely do that....I have felt your frustration many times....I worked too and hunted nothing but public.

I named this thread...."I know, I know"....Because they can go sideways when someone thinks this isn't hunting....I agree it's more shooting than hunting, but again, it was fun and the pheasant taste great....Also, I was an invited guest.

And as far as bringing politics into a conversation....Better get used to it here in California and every other state....The anti's are trying to take our hunting privileges and lands from us....It's that simple.
I don't know how you felt my frustrations many times. I've been barely on this site for 4 days and have less than 10 comments. At my points were not directed at you. It was directed at the outfitter industry the charges so much That the average Joe could not possibly enjoy. The same applies to many other industries as I mentioned including NFL in my example. As for the politics Or non politics matter I'm not one to lie down and take it. Rights and privileges are earned not given and so ifi anyway I know how recording supporting the Organizations that you mention. What I meant is that we are not talking politics hereOn this specific thread. The point was something else. I think we are all on the same page and expressing differently. If you like it me up on a PM and we can find out more about each other And maybe get on the horn. I was introduced to this site by one of the creators of it

I don't hate the people that have the money and pay although if they didn't then outfitters wouldn't be charging so much. But I really don't like the outfitters that Have been more or less the cause of the industry being changed so much. They're also the ones that gobble up so much of our public land by hundreds of thousands of acres and push us out. A lot of these lands are being taking as government , state or federal which where public land before that period so we end up with less and less every day

I'm just glad im a 1%er fracking 5%ers are a pain in the ass.

@ihunt just a fyi @ilovesprig does more to get new hunters on game in so cal then anyone. Not just that but he works with multiple orgs that help keep hunting open to all. What have you done?

Ok enough here I'm off to go duck hunt in mex at my pvt club. If anyone needs some extra cash my car needs a wipe down
20190126_170026.jpg

Last edited:
Let's not check each other on what we can or cannot not do and how we do it to enjoy our sport and passion. I used to be able to walk up Mt Everest in my prime but now in my older days not so much, I still give the old heave ho to it when I have the chance. Let's not turn this forum into another bloody decks insulting spot. Aeon , You crack me up and kill me with your rhetoric and down to earth how it should be knowledge, good on you for that.

I just had the fence repaired at grannys.....them yardbirds better brush up on there flying skills...gonna turn the jackals loose in march!!!

Great pics...always fun to take legal game.

As a new hunter. I battle the demons that come with, legal and ethical, purism of hunting vs planted game and such.

I am sure every hunter would love to hunt public land if they could find the game, and if they had the time and means available to them.

I have paid for taking birds that were planted once, and as much fun as I had with my buddies, the hunt was not as fulfilling as I thought it would be to me. I ate the shit out the birds though and that was enjoyable. o_O

I am yet to join in the support of a given organization with the hope that Hunting availability and sustainability for all Americans gets better, but once I learn more I will. If you know of an organization that you feel is critical for a hunter to support please send me PM and tell me why you like them. Yes I know about the NRA but I know there are others.

The pre season Turkey event is coming up..That seems to be a place where all my answer will be found..we shall see.

As a new hunter. I battle the demons that come with, legal and ethical, purism of hunting vs planted game and such.

I am sure every hunter would love to hunt public land if they could find the game, and if they had the time and means available to them.

I have paid for taking birds that were planted once, and as much fun as I had with my buddies, the hunt was not as fulfilling as I thought it would be to me. I ate the shit out the birds though and that was enjoyable. o_O

I am yet to join in the support of a given organization with the hope that Hunting availability and sustainability for all Americans gets better, but once I learn more I will. If you know of an organization that you feel is critical for a hunter to support please send me PM and tell me why you like them. Yes I know about the NRA but I know there are others.

The pre season Turkey event is coming up..That seems to be a place where all my answer will be found..we shall see.
not sure about all your answers but definitely some. should meet lots of good people.

We will do our best to answer your questions....The DFW and CNF guys want to help....That's why they're there....Have good direct questions....The wardens are probably going to be asked a lot of questions that are right in the regs booklet.

There will be an NWTF information booth too....This booth will have 2 guys that have hunted turkeys pretty much since they got here in 1993.

As far as conservation organizations in San Diego Co....To my knowledge, NWTF is the only one that has monthly meetings....Come join us (Feb 26th).

Steve

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu