LIVE - Az Coues Whitetail hunt

Not a whole lot moving... I wonder if she'll wake up if she hears a sandwich wrapper? Ed F20190824_091420.jpg

Reactions: HATCHET1
This spot is in a saddle above a great bowl. Pines in the bottom juniper and oaks on the sides. No access to the bowl from the bottom. 20190824_091725.jpgFB_IMG_1565214225771.jpgLush habitat... I have Coues, muleys, bears, elk, javalina, gray fox, mountain lions on this camera... great spot.

Yes sir... California has a lot of stupid laws. In Arizona the F&G does wildlife conservation. There are hundreds of these F&G built water catchments all over the place in addition to the thousands of cattle tanks. Wildlife thrives here... Ed F

Not sure, I let Sophie pick it out for me at the gas station this morning. My two buddies who were sitting in one of my other blinds yesterday... quit. Couldn't handle it. When I moved here I picked the brains of two successful coues bowhunters. They both told me the same thing. If you have the balls to stick it out in a blind in the august season, you'll have an opportunity at a big buck. So far I've killed 3 and am holding out for a big one... conditions are prime... Ed F20190824_094349.jpg

Yup...big boy comin...by the way..we got destroyed by pinnacle in our opener last night...boys are licking there wounds this morning...im giving then about another hour...then im hammering them with yard work all day, its only 108...im a giver

Reactions: msailor
man it does get hot there... brother and cudos for sticking it out... I don't do well in heat any more.. I used to do all day..
and I cant drink sugary drinks any more borderline diabetic , I be like your daughter I would be out while the deer are passing through..
on deer stands I have to tie my self to the tree with tie down strap to make sure I don't dose off lol.. looks funny...

We didn't see a mammal yesterday. Just missed then. I have a plan to fix that. Today is Olivia's turn. Going to a spot that has a lot of activity. I shot a buck there a year ago. It rained there yesterday but I don't think enough to change things. Cannot wait... Here's a pic of a bow hanger I made... 20190820_174521.jpgEd F20190820_174521.jpg

Last edited:
A lot has happened in the last 12 hours...

It rained here yesterday afternoon. Enough that the grass is wet. A little discouraging because they probably won't come get a drink til this afternoon. That's ok. It's supposed to be 100 today... that's gonna be difficult with a 16 year old girl.

I checked the camera and there are no pics after the 21st... which is weird. This tank gets a lot of activity. I don't have an explanation.

Olivia has a cold. Bought cough drops to keep the coughing to a minimum. She's snoring right now... dreaming about the afternoon hunt. Plus she smells like a teenage girl... hope the scent control precautions work today.

Today is girls day. I have my buddy's girlfriend sitting in my opening day blind... one of them should have some action. I really hope so.

And finally, my blind was gone... actually it was neatly folded up and put in its bag about 10 yards away with the chairs. I set these blinds up a week before the season. 20190825_060244.jpg20190825_064201.jpgI suspect someone got here, saw my blind, took it down and put up theirs. That's totally cool and I'm grateful that they took care of it and did not steal it. It was probably opening morning because the ground is wet where the blind was.

Here we go... day 3... Ed F20190825_064832.jpg

Reactions: Kellendv
are you hunting a draw unit?
Over the counter archery deer tags, the Wal Mart kind... gotta love Arizona. 20190825_073604.jpg

About 2 weeks ago this tank had an algae bloom... don't know why it happened to this one. It's like sweet tea to the deer. 25 yards across the tank... sweet spot. Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu