Looking for a female yellow lab

wait you guys actually pay for brown and yeller labs?

if you want started dogs the best place to look is the started lab groups on FB, yeah i know fb is the devil but its where you can find them. Out of state will save you a TON of money. if you are wanting a started dog around 18 months expect to pay 6k and up out of state. 20k might be more like it local.

Look for the trials washout dogs. They cant win a trails coemption but they sure can hunt ducks. The trials guys cycle though dogs a lot looking for the next winner.

nothing wrong with Steve Raney and his pups, I was told that i would be allowed to buy one from them. i got a dog from a trials guy in south dakota :) long drive but worth the effort.
Aeon, do your dogs ever get to retrieve ducks?

Blue came from Oklahoma.shipped over on American airlines..champion coon hound papa and mama..and he a water dog!! A must for running cats and bears!!! Not really ..but he does love the water!! I love blue..he's my boy.

Screenshot_20221128-201803.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dieter came from a well known breeder out of South Dakota. I have yet to see a dog with more prey drive. And in the house he was a gentle loving guy. Look at his eyes. He was all business in the field.

I miss Dieter; he was my friend.

Can.JPG

wait you guys actually pay for brown and yeller labs?

if you want started dogs the best place to look is the started lab groups on FB, yeah i know fb is the devil but its where you can find them. Out of state will save you a TON of money. if you are wanting a started dog around 18 months expect to pay 6k and up out of state. 20k might be more like it local.

Look for the trials washout dogs. They cant win a trails coemption but they sure can hunt ducks. The trials guys cycle though dogs a lot looking for the next winner.

nothing wrong with Steve Raney and his pups, I was told that i would be allowed to buy one from them. i got a dog from a trials guy in south dakota :) long drive but worth the effort.
No body has mentioned rescue dogs. Each breed has its own rescue group.

Reactions: NBK
I am starting my search for a female yellow lab. I have started searching for gun dog breeders online. I am looking for a puppy but open to a started gun dog. Planning to hunt waterfowl and be a family dog. Located in SoCal willing to drive and pick up in most western states if need be for the he right dog. Any leads or info would be great.
Huntinglabpedigree.com

Ya' the mantle is the centerpiece of the room (besides the dog). A really cool, ultra talented guy custom built it for me. If there is ever an earthquake or a tornado, I am securing myself to that mantle. It without a doubt will be the only thing left in the aftermath.

....yup..Mr.jones...the rescue...

Screenshot_20211217-095428.png

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu