NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2019

holy canoli that 12ga turkey load is expensive. picked up a couple boxes today.
12ga 3" 2oz blend 5,6,7 shot size hevi-shot qty 5 shells: $26.00
federal 12ga heavyweight tss tugsten 3" no. 7 qty 5 shells: $37.00

So keep me honest, bring shotgun and bow for range practice, but NO actual hunting on day of event?
any reason not ot use my same deer arrows / mech blades for hunting turkeys as well?
Thanks,
-Robert

So keep me honest, bring shotgun and bow for range practice, but NO actual hunting on day of event?
any reason not ot use my same deer arrows / mech blades for hunting turkeys as well?
Thanks,
-Robert
Yes you can hunt turkey with archery but the broadheads have a minimum width. It's on the DFW reqs.
Turkey season starts at the last Saturday of March.
Read the regulations.
No turkey hunting at the tune up
If you have hunting license and upland stamp you can put in for the draw to hunt at the lake.

Thanks,
-Robert
Don't miss.

but non Hunters would not need to have licenses or stamp, naturally. Right?

Ok guys....Just rolled in from setting up for tomorrow....1st off, all roads are open....Non hunters don't need a hunting license or stamp....Lots of folks for just the seminar and how to learn calling, and turkeys hunting in general.

The lake has come up ALOT!....So parking will be below the event and probably up at Camp Hope....There is a place for handicap parking near the big tent.

VFW will have a lunch special....Polish dog, chips, and a drink....$5.00.....No beer will be sold, but you can have your own.

If you bring your dog....Please have him or her on a leash....Lloyd can do whatever he wants....lol

The shooting station is east and below the big tent....Ear & eye protection are there, but I would bring your own as well....MJB (Mark) runs this part....Please let him make the call on all shooting....Please have gun cased until ready to shoot.

The registration booth will be at the east end of event....Up the hill from lower parking area....Remember....You can NOT be in the draw unless you've registered with hunting license & upland stamp....BRING CASH OR CHECK....Very little cell service, but we are trying to get the credit card machine working.

The raffle for the pig hunt is 30 knives for 20 bucks each….Next to registration....The PSE bow from Willow Creek Archery will be in a spot near Turner's...1 ticket for 5, 3 for 7, 7 for 20....The Mossberg 935 Magnum turkey gun will be working around....Tickets are the same as bow....The Stoeger 20 gauge O/U is in the general raffle....Tickets are the same as M935 & PSE bow.

Questions?

Last edited:
Stevo!!! Thanks for the shout out!!! LLOYD...is just waking from his nap...but he is ready to roll my friend!!! Mark...watch your 6 brother...thats a job you got homie..be safe fellas..and seriously..strong work for passing on the important stuff in life!!!!

Yes you can hunt turkey with archery but the broadheads have a minimum width. It's on the DFW reqs.
Turkey season starts at the last Saturday of March.
Read the regulations.
No turkey hunting at the tune up
If you have hunting license and upland stamp you can put in for the draw to hunt at the lake.
not sure where you are, but LAX ammo has a good sale this weekend, starting today, ending sunday. they have LA, OC, and SD stores. lots of good deals on steel shots. picked up a case of BB today and got loaded up with some rifle and side arm ammo as well as 12G 6 and 7.5 and some slugs for other stuff. check out the link here

Ok guys....Just rolled in from setting up for tomorrow....1st off, all roads are open....Non hunters don't need a hunting license or stamp....Lots of folks for just the seminar and how to learn calling, and turkeys hunting in general.

The lake has come up ALOT!....So parking will be below the event and probably up at Camp Hope....There is a place for handicap parking near the big tent.

VFW will have a lunch special....Polish dog, chips, and a drink....$5.00.....No beer will be sold, but you can have your own.

If you bring your dog....Please have him or her on a leash....Lloyd can do whatever he wants....lol

The shooting station is east and below the big tent....Ear & eye protection are there, but I would bring your own as well....MJB (Mark) runs this part....Please let him make the call on all shooting....Please have gun cased until ready to shoot.

The registration booth will be at the east end of event....Up the hill from lower parking area....Remember....You can NOT be in the draw unless you've registered with hunting license & upland stamp....BRING CASH OR CHECK....Very little cell service, but we are trying to get the credit card machine working.

The raffle for the pig hunt is 30 knives for 20 bucks each….Next to registration....The PSE bow from Willow Creek Archery will be in a spot near Turner's...1 ticket for 5, 3 for 7, 7 for 20....The Mossberg 935 Magnum turkey gun will be working around....Tickets are the same as bow....The Stoeger 20 gauge O/U is in the general raffle....Tickets are the same as M935 & PSE bow.

Questions?

.View attachment 38342View attachment 38343View attachment 38344View attachment 38345

Me and Matty will be there early to help where needed as well! Really looking forward to tomorrow!

Well barely got thru with my son in laws Cherokee Jeep. So he will be
Going with me tomorrow.
Will be arriving a little late. When does the turkey hunt draw start.
And the give away lol.
See you all there.

Well barely got thru with my son in laws Cherokee Jeep. So he will be
Going with me tomorrow.
Will be arriving a little late. When does the turkey hunt draw start.
And the give away lol.
See you all there.

Glad you can make it! Steve posted this pic earlier but the deadline to enter is 1120 draws start at 1130.

ab70cc936f66e244646d2d322a14bea2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu