NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2019

Nevermind just read dummy.
It's official.....The NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up is Feb 23rd, 2019 at Lake Sutherland.....Entrance fee is $10.00.....DFW personnel, CNF personnel, calling demonstrations, how to hunt turkeys, vendors, custom calls for sale, raffles for guns/gear, and of course, a chance to hunt the city property around the lake (7 gobblers taken last year)….Food and drinks on site....Event starts at 8:00 am.....Great time for entire family and about the only kind of event in San Diego/SoCal.

Also, patterning of shotguns and bows will be available again the year.....Bring your own ammo.....Targets will be provided.

ps....We can always use volunteers for event.

.View attachment 37266
How many spots are available in the draw for general

I will be there with @BBH and all four kids. The wife is at a conference all weekend so I have some time to fill. I won’t be putting the boys in for the youth hunts but will put them in for the general.
I have a class opening weekend of youth this year. Bummer since I have some public land gobblers on lockdown.

His a short list of some the raffle items....Pig hunt at Big Horn Ranch, Mossberg 935 turkey gun, Stoeger Wildfowler 20 gauge, a completely set-up PSE Brute Force bow. Avian X decoys, Flydown custom turkey calls, Primos vests, Alps vest, NWTF fire ring, Ameristep ground blind, and a bunch of other turkey hunting stuff....Tickets are $5.00 each, 3 for 10, and 7 for 20.....The pig hunt is buy a NWTF knife for $20.00 and get a 1 in 30 chance at winning the hunt.

It's going to be a great and fun day....Hope to see a bunch of you SCH newbies out there.....Turkey hunter or not.

I will be there with @BBH and all four kids. The wife is at a conference all weekend so I have some time to fill. I won’t be putting the boys in for the youth hunts but will put them in for the general.
I have a class opening weekend of youth this year. Bummer since I have some public land gobblers on lockdown.

Bummer Drew....There's a big gobbler on Santa Ysabel Preserve that has your boys name on it.....;)

His a short list of some the raffle items....Pig hunt at Big Horn Ranch, Mossberg 935 turkey gun, Stoeger Wildfowler 20 gauge, a completely set-up PSE Brute Force bow. Avian X decoys, Flydown custom turkey calls, Primos vests, Alps vest, NWTF fire ring, Ameristep ground blind, and a bunch of other turkey hunting stuff....Tickets are $5.00 each, 3 for 10, and 7 for 20.....The pig hunt is buy a NWTF knife for $20.00 and get a 1 in 30 chance at winning the hunt.

It's going to be a great and fun day....Hope to see a bunch of you SCH newbies out there.....Turkey hunter or not.

Man this just got me even more fired up!! That is a killer deal for the pig hunt! I just got my orange NWTF knives in the mail the other week for joining but can always use another knife..:cool:

JB,

Welcome to SCH....Lots of like minded folks at this event....Look forward to meeting some of the new members.

Haven't been there before. Do you mean we need to show the license and stamp to enter the drawing?

To be eligible for the draw, you must have a current hunting license and upland stamp....They will ask you at the entrance gate....Every year someone turns around and goes to Big 5 in Ramona....Cash or check

ps....These aren't NWTF rules....They're City of San Diego rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
To be eligible for the draw you must have a current hunting license and upland stamp....They will ask you at the entrance gate....Every year someone turns around and goes to Big 5 in Ramona....Cash or check

ps....These aren't NWTF rules....They're City of San Diego rules.
Tnx Steve. C U there. Maybe you can help me with patterning a bit with my nwtf shotgun

Reactions: ilovesprig
35 spots.....Plus 14 youth hunts, if they choose to be in that instead of the general hunts.
Was it the same number of spots last year? 49 hunters got 7, so one out of 7 got one. Not bad, and of course hoping for more :)

Was it the same number of spots last year? 49 hunters got 7, so one out of 7 got one. Not bad, and of course hoping for more :)

There's 7 hunts a week for 5 weeks (3 zones on Saturday & 4 zones on Wednesday)....Don't remember exactly how many hunters there were....Some folks didn't show and some hunted by themselves....I think there was one double.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu