Socal ducks?

I'm not a particularly religious man but I will get down on my hands and knees if it will bring rain. Friends just outside of Sacramento say everything is drying up. The Pacific flyway waterfowl are in for a rough time, I fear.

I'm not a particularly religious man but I will get down on my hands and knees if it will bring rain. Friends just outside of Sacramento say everything is drying up. The Pacific flyway waterfowl are in for a rough time, I fear.

Dr,

Not the 1st drought we've experienced...What is troubling is places like Tule Lake/Klamath not getting water for waterfowl...If a famous refuge like this can be left to die...Any wildlife area or refuge can...Birds will adapt, they'll be just less of them.

ps...Canada is getting some late rain, but production is down in most western regions...I do believe next year or the following, the limit on ducks will drop to 5...Which IMO, is more than enough.

Reactions: Duckfan
I know a guy with 23 feet of river bottom....had a European Wigeon there once...till he shot it and fed it to his dog....he never ducked again..

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu