Tomorrow She gets her Cherry popped !!

Well it is going to come down to the wire, this weekend is out for hunting have my main water line leaking in a couple places. It is an 80 foot long pipe, so going to rent a rototiller to do the hard shit, plus the areas in the back yard I want to de-grass.
So looks like I am going to stick my Hog scope on the BAR, should be able to get a second Accurate shot. Figure I will set it for zero magnification if not zero what ever the lowest setting will be and do the best I can do in December.
I can sight it in the second week of December when I head out to the refuge I care take. going to be a tight schedule but it should be OK.

OK it is set ! I will be out at the Ranch Dec 21st thru the 31st.
I have purchased two 36 inch long air guns and will re sight my BAR at the Refuge this or next Wednesday. Figure I could hit at least a couple pigs, I think I need to purchase more Tags to start this year 6 or so.

OK the date is set December 21st thru the 31st, 10 Days and evenings of Pig hunting glory YES!
The 8th, 9th and 10th I am going to re-sight my BAR with my hog scope.
So come the 21st Yeppy keya !
Also my Cuz bought a personal video recorder small clips to your brim of your hat kind, so the Hog skinning blow up will be on video ! Now we just need to invite the pigs to the Party

Last edited:
Tags aren’t based on calendar year as far as I know , roll over the same time that licenses do
I have purchased two 36 inch long air guns and will re sight my BAR at the Refuge this or next Wednesday. Figure I could hit at least a couple pigs, I think I need to purchase more Tags to start this year 6 or so.

OK 168 dollars spent for License and Tags.
Inland game and 3 pig tags, Hope to have to buy more
pig tags January 1st
Tags aren’t based on calendar year as far as I know , roll over the same time that licenses do
Yes sir July to June, My 2022 is just now starting.

You're a killer..keep um coming ..gotta live vicariously!

No not that one, wish I had, he did not have much fat, and I am not a speed skinner. It was early into the morning by the time I got him deboned and on ice

Ya Baby came across four boxes 150 hollow point none lead Hunting rounds and get this for HOGS, out in the middle of the desert.
35 a box but I got legal hunting rounds now.
Re-sighted my BAR and got her pretty descent, she cane be better but this will kill some hogs. I used the toilet paper roll so had to break out my bumper rack 4" paper bowl, 100 yards , zero magnificationResized_20211207_121136(2).jpeg
20211207_120813.jpg20211207_120858.jpg

Attachments

• 20211207_120858.jpg
    20211207_120858.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: CAL'NDN and TRICER
Ya Baby came across four boxes 150 hollow point none lead Hunting rounds and get this for HOGS, out in the middle of the desert.
35 a box but I got legal hunting rounds now.
Re-sighted my BAR and got her pretty descent, she cane be better but this will kill some hogs. I used the toilet paper roll so had to break out my bumper rackView attachment 52457
View attachment 52461View attachment 52462
Not as classy as TP but that will work in a pinch.

This one I made for my Hunting truck, it has a foot rest, fully adjustable up and down. it also is a bit better than a roll of toilet paper
My trucj rear turret 2_LI.jpg

your better off letting the pigs stack up and get that copper bullet to pass through the first pig and hit the second pig too.

I have considered that shot, But laying down to get the upward or even level trajectory to be able to line up a couple pigs is not in my play book. That big ass hog on page two was charging me, keeping my composer was to say the least difficult.
If I were flat on my belly ? I could have been his dinner.
I think I will pass on one shot two killed.
Steve, I hope you don't mind this, but there is so much BS posted from the OP that I feel a duty to report the truth.

This info comes straight from the mouth of the guy that was there with the OP. In fact, the guy actually brought the OP to the ranch the OP refers to. "That 350 pound pig OPAH mentions, was definitely NOT charging as he claims. It was actually crossing under a property boundary fence". Bubblehide, if any of you know him, had been seeing the big boar for a week, but the wind was wrong and it would not cross onto the property. Well, the wind switched direction and Bubblehide set the op up in the most likely place the boar would cross onto the ranch property, and Bubblehide took a position further away but where he could see all the action, if things did come together for OPAH, and they did, just a Bubblehide predicted. Bubblehide was kind enough to let OPAH take the big boar.

Bubblehide also set OPAH up that that buck picture he so proudly posts, in a deceiving manner obviously attempting to pretend to be a adept hunter. By the way, OPAH posted and blew that honey hole of Bubblehides. In short, you all can read much more about all of this at this link:

Sad...Like ..really sad...wow.. thanks for sharing dude.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu