Tomorrow She gets her Cherry popped !!

I don't see any thing wrong with trying to figure out how to skin a cat, excuse me a pig a faster way. I watched a lot of videos of Texas pig hunts, they shoot them by the dozen. problem we have here is Komi California, it starts to work on ya. Good luck with that hunt, I would love to shoot a bar. awesome WW2 firearm.

Nope...the Rona is real...
Really? My mom use to talk about Rona Barret, all this time I thought she made it up. Well good for Rona!
So nice to be on a forum that you don't have read covid this and covid that Have you been a good sheep and got your shot ?
NO I have Been BAAAAAD,
Please excuse my indiscretion bringing up the covid crap

Reactions: CAL'NDN
I would love to shoot a bar. awesome WW2 firearm.

Attachments

• 20211012_125804.jpg
    20211012_125804.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 22
It is a very good Hog scope, very low light application, illuminated red dot, back lit reticle and a 56mm objective. I put it back on my Browning BOSS 30/06 A bolt 2, I am attempting to use a Vortex strike fire ll red/green dot, with not the best results.
1636915818739.png

Last edited:
No hate I just don't see how you can make multiple shots on different pigs all in the vitals......your better off letting the pigs stack up and get that copper bullet to pass through the first pig and hit the second pig too.

At least I'd bring a good dog to track all those wounded pigs...... where's Blue?

Have you pig hunted in a area where you have a sounder of 15 20 pigs browsing around ? Two accurate shots with a semi auto is not even an issue, with a bolt action you are correct one shot one pig.
This is why I purchased the Browning BAR, Super fast, super accurate, and with a 308 more than enough to put a pig down with a single shot. Then throw in the Fact the shots and not going to exceed 60 yards. This is a pigtopia, Feral pigs, roaming around from ranch to ranch feeding and being hunted.
But as Grandma use to say the proof is in the pudding, I will be out December and hopefully I will have enough time with the BAR to work this double vision thing out. If not I will go back to My BOSS and Pop one pig a hunt Just like you said MJB

Last edited:
your better off letting the pigs stack up and get that copper bullet to pass through the first pig and hit the second pig too.

I have considered that shot, But laying down to get the upward or even level trajectory to be able to line up a couple pigs is not in my play book. That big ass hog on page two was charging me, keeping my composer was to say the least difficult.
If I were flat on my belly ? I could have been his dinner.
I think I will pass on one shot two killed.

BLUE?? We are still waiting to shoot our first hog....but I know a guy...he hates hogs..and tells me he,s shot so many he has forgotten the body count over the last 40; years or so.... You're my boy Blue!! He did get a good wiff of a large bear this year though....baby steps..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-102808.png
    Screenshot_20211114-102808.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210724-172741~2.png
    Screenshot_20210724-172741~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Anyone know how many dogs are out of a job, setting around getting fat and congestive heart conditions because of these panty wearing California anti hunting fidgets ?

"Gonna be hard to blow the skin up with that many holes......"
You could plug the hole with your fingers and play it like a flute !

• Haha
Reactions: longbowhunter2
How many remember the gong show? Chuck Barris with Gene Gene the dancing machine and the unknown comic. Max could have been a regular.

• Haha
Reactions: socalhntr

In the late 70's when hunting on Piute Mt. we would sit around the camp fire at knight and listen to the gong show on my multi band radio which had a TV band. Crazy days, sitting there downing the brown and a beer or 65.

Chuck was a CIA agent.....Larry told me...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu