Tomorrow She gets her Cherry popped !!

OPAH

Sep 20, 2021
Leaving right after work tonight heading up to the refuge, going to Baby set it for three days if we count tonight.
Readjusted the relief of the Green dot sight and got it to right now, tomorrow Ill spend most of the day fine tuning the sight. Figure I should run about 60 rounds thru her, I should be able to hit 3 different 4/6" paper plates rapid fire.
when I am able to consistently do that I will triple the amount of meat I bring home.
Also going to give blowing up the Hog to skin it, Compressed air blowing up. picked me up a couple of 36" air guns they should make those pigs float like they were in the macy's parade.
any good tips from anyone that does this to skin a hog ? Neck and head first or legs first ?
I am sure I will figure it out after two or three hogs.
Whats that, what am I shooting ? it is the hog gun of the century
(in California):
Browning BAR Mark lll, 308, 10 round DBM, I was fortunate to come across the few that were still out there for sale.
Granted I did pay up for it but Hell it was looking like I would never hold a new one in my hands.
TOMORROW I PLAY !!!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Please post pics of the multiple dead hogs that you intend to blow up with compressed air to skin.. preferably before ...during...and after.. So we all can see what exactly you are trying to accomplish...and good luck on the maiden voyage. Finish

Last time something like this happened @HATCHET1 had triplets.

pictures lots of pictures. This needs some documentation for sure.
This.,.....and yep...poke a LITTLE fun at mama and she takes it seriously....damn seriously ..

Reactions: TRICER
I have seen, in person, gauchos in the Argentina’s pampas that skin goats using a bicycle air pump and a ball inflating needle. Just poke a hole on a leg, stick the needle there and pump. The hide separates from the muscles and it is very fast. Now, I have never seen it done on pigs. We just shave them and grill them

Dawnandusk has it, Small slit in the skin, Long air gun extension,
Shove the 26" extension under the skin as far as you can.
Hit the trigger and start inflating between the meat and skin, skin separates from the meat and you slide the skin off after you
BLOW IT UP. Seems like a pretty cool concept to me.
Any how I will get some video of it being done December or January,
But for now got to get retrained to shoot with both eyes open.
Man this is going to be Really Tough, You ever shoot with a tactical red dot sight, (non magnified)
I tried using to dot to sight the target and the target doubled versioned and thin I tried focusing on the target and moving the dot to the target and the dot doubled. Had to of went thru 100 round and got to where I could hit the plate. going to be a lot of rounds to get my mind and eyes trained to have both open and no going cross eyed.
So after 100 rounds 3 out for 4 plates rapid fire one shot per plate, 3 plates I hit Both shots and one lower plate I missed both shots. nice groups but 6 inches to the right.
This is going to get super expensive if I cannot figure this out? anyone go thru this and over come it ?

Last edited:
Dawnandusk has it, Small slit in the skin, Long air gun extension,
Shove the 26" extension under the skin as far as you can.
Hit the trigger and start inflating between the meat and skin, skin separates from the meat and you slide the skin off after you
BLOW IT UP. Seems like a pretty cool concept to me.
Any how I will get some video of it being done December or January,
But for now got to get retrained to shoot with both eyes open.
Man this is going to be Really Tough, You ever shoot with a tactical red dot sight, (non magnified)
I tried using to dot to sight the target and the target doubled versioned and thin I tried focusing on the target and moving the dot to the target and the dot doubled. Had to of went thru 100 round and got to where I could hit the plate. going to be a lot of rounds to get my mind and eyes trained to have both open and no go cross eyed.
So after 100 rounds 3 out for 4 plates rapid fire one shot per plate, 3 plates I hit Both shots and one lower plate I missed both but and a nice group 6 inches to the right.
This is going to get super expensive if I cannot figure this out? anyone go thru this and over come it ?
That make more sense when you leave the brown in the cabinet. Well, almost.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu