Turkey Opener 2016

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Good luck to everyone......Also, for any of you that are around the Lake Henshaw area. We will be having a BBQ at cabin 17 both Friday and Saturday nights.....Hope to see some of you SCHer's and talk turkey (and hopefully show a few saturday...... ;D

From today............. ;)

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 68
Good luck to everyone. I've been out scounting everyday and it's been wierd. All last week I thought they were done breeding this week I've seen them back at it gobblin and struttin. Hope to see pictures from everyone of there hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have cabin 13 and 14. We will definately say hi. Maybe we can grill up some Crappie if the boys hook up tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

Steve, I'll call you tomorrow. Bring the decoy! Good lucknow, all, and straight shootin!

I'll be hunting with Surf-n-Hunt. We may stop in to Lake Henshaw Resort to say hi, if the timing works out.
Best of luck to all.

Good luck to all. Man I wish I could get out there but I am just too damn busy. I am now a college professor for Southern Illinois University. This fall is not looking good for deer season! ???

The gobblers the week before disappeared and sent these two hens to throw dirt in our face.
https://youtu.be/SsV87bfBZlg

Went out twice this weekend with Matagi. Great time and I always learn a ton hunting with him. We hunted private land (MCC) both days. Yesterday we had a good spot, got set up well before fly down. We had some hens fly down behind us and Gen had the boss lady in a lather till some joker drives into the flat! WTF!!? He turned around less than 200 yards from us (100 from the hens), and went and parked his truck in plain view, and commences to walk the ridge about 700 yards from us. The hens never got back in the mood after he came in. We heard a gobbler in the distance, but the dirt bike track (adjacent property) got going so he never moved down the hill. We went to another spot but got no replies that. Hit another spot this morning that usually holds turkeys, and didn't get a Yelp. We tried another spot above lake Henshaw. We had a gobbler reply but couldn't bring him in. Fun weekend. Sure beats sitting around the house.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu