Vaccinated People…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly your not in health care son...I applaud the folks that work the covid ward...and YES they are mentally drained... every see somebody die up close hunter? I'm not talking grandma. Either...as a medic for 23;years..I can assure you..it's fucking mentally draining.. your post above is ridiculous..
Working in the ICU is mentally draining without any covid deaths. In your 23 years as a medic it was mentally draining without dealing with covid, so why does @QuePasaJames imply that covid is the reason healthcare workers are mentally drained?

Because the overwhelming majority of deaths in the US do NOT involve trips to the ICU. ALL covid deaths do. All of them. Go talk to ANY ICU nurse or MD and then make the same statement with a straight face. I won't comment on your post other than to say that.
So what percent of ICU deaths has covid accounted for since covid started?

Gonna give you some more rope son..I'm certain you"ll do the rest...you don't have relatives in Oregon do you?

My earlier post was poorly worded. Rather than saying “how could they be mentally drained,” I should have said “Wouldn’t they be mentally drained already by all the death and suffering that is not covid related?”

Gonna give you some more rope son..I'm certain you"ll do the rest...you don't have relatives in Oregon do you?
Apparently something happened in Oregon that I am unaware of and would probably change my opinion on the matter. What happened in Oregon?

My earlier post was poorly worded. Rather than saying “how could they be mentally drained,” I should have said “Wouldn’t they be mentally drained already by all the death and suffering that is not covid related?”
That is much better worded. Thank you. The reality is that ICU's might be 50% full ordinarily with enough staff to handle easily. But with COVID, the ICU's were overflowing and patients were being treated in the halls, the ER's---everywhere. The patient load quadrupled for the staff, sort of like a MASH unit after a battle, but it went on for over a year and now it is exploding again.

If you know an ICU nurse or MD, give 'em a hug and maybe a bottle of good wine [or some Southern fried frog legs]. They are toasted.

Reactions: Hunter527
Lindsey Graham got the Rona. I''ll bet you Garys right nut he gets the monoclonal antibody. Forget underlining conditions.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Heard from an inside source that the border might be shut for 2 weeks, is that even possible?

Lindsey Graham got the Rona. I''ll bet you Garys right nut he gets the monoclonal antibody. Forget underlining conditions.

Heard from an inside source that the border might be shut for 2 weeks, is that even possible?
The virus is exploding. Those that didn't fall asleep reading my posts may recall that the Lambda variant, much nastier than the Delta, originated in Peru and is spreading. It's coming to the US thru Central American and then Mexico. Hope the Gov has the balls to shut down the border and require tests for anyone coming into the US. Don't bet on it and when the Lambda explodes here, you can lay the blame directly on the current administration. Political correctness can go to hell.

Florida is exploding. It's highest case count ever up until this week was 15,000. Then last week it hit 16,000, then 18,000, then today, 21,000. Far higher than ever. Pediatric ICU's overflowing. Desantis signed an executive order prohibiting any mask or testing or vaccine mandates. School starts in 3 weeks. Keep your eyes on Florida. That's the battleground.

Reactions: longbeard55
I almost don't want to explain cause it's ridiculous, but when you get COVID and it gets to the point where you can't take care of yourself, you go to the ER, where they, the doctors and nurses, are already dealing with the million other cases that have nothing to do with COVID (broken limbs, heart failure, pneumonia, aneurysms, drug overdoses, the list goes ON). Add a pandemic to the shit show, and you can guess the rest. As the COVID patient sits in the ER, doctors and nurses have to assess how bad your case is. Every nurse that comes to your bedside is gowned up head to toe, usually wearing double masks and a face shield so they themselves don't get COVID from you or all the other patients that have COVID. If you are one of the unlucky ones and all the equipment in the ER can't save you, they ship you to the ICU. ICU stands for intensive care unit. Most cases end up on a ventilator and the patient isn't even awake. That ventilator machine is pretty much the only thing keeping you alive. As a patient, you're lying there in the ICU for I think an average of 2 weeks. During that time, you're just slowly dying, and every nurse and doctor that has helped you 24 hours a day, has to watch you die. Then they put you in a body bag, and bring the next sick patient in.
Also if you didn't know, at the beginning of this pandemic, if you were sent to the ICU with COVID, you were almost certainly a dead man. But yes still to this day, the ICU is where nearly all 600+ thousand unlucky American COVID patients took their last breath.
Maybe just a little draining mentally.

I almost don't want to explain cause it's ridiculous, but when you get COVID and it gets to the point where you can't take care of yourself, you go to the ER, where they, the doctors and nurses, are already dealing with the million other cases that have nothing to do with COVID (broken limbs, heart failure, pneumonia, aneurysms, drug overdoses, the list goes ON). Add a pandemic to the shit show, and you can guess the rest. As the COVID patient sits in the ER, doctors and nurses have to assess how bad your case is. Every nurse that comes to your bedside is gowned up head to toe, usually wearing double masks and a face shield so they themselves don't get COVID from you or all the other patients that have COVID. If you are one of the unlucky ones and all the equipment in the ER can't save you, they ship you to the ICU. ICU stands for intensive care unit. Most cases end up on a ventilator and the patient isn't even awake. That ventilator machine is pretty much the only thing keeping you alive. As a patient, you're lying there in the ICU for I think an average of 2 weeks. During that time, you're just slowly dying, and every nurse and doctor that has helped you 24 hours a day, has to watch you die. Then they put you in a body bag, and bring the next sick patient in.
Also if you didn't know, at the beginning of this pandemic, if you were sent to the ICU with COVID, you were almost certainly a dead man. But yes still to this day, the ICU is where nearly all 600+ thousand unlucky American COVID patients took their last breath.
Maybe just a little draining mentally.
Truth

And I'm gonna go out in a limb here and say B's to 17000 people dying from the saline....sorry lee...no offense to you buddy...but as we all know..way to much bad information going both ways....it's designed to hurt fellas... remember that.
I have seen a count of 5,000 to 9,000 based on government figures.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh ya, and they have to wipe your ass multiple times a day cause you're shitting the bed EVERY DAY, and that's not just the COVID patients!

My last USMC post. Maybe. These ICU staff who are totally screwed up, PTSD, just fried. I had a platoon sergeant who did a couple tours in Vietnam. He'd get so drunk at Pendleton that he couldn't stand up. I thought he needed a Section 8, a crazy discharge. A captain told me that this guy spent all 77 days at Khe Sanh. Held a bunch of his Marines in his arms as they died. Too much for one jarhead. Heard a young MD [lady, maybe 30] in Montana [you reading, Steve?] who spent her past 10 days holding dying patients and then meeting with their loved ones. She was screwed up [sorry for my lack of proper terminology] and sounded like my platoon sergeant. This virus is really screwing up the ICU people. A WWll veteran who had been a POW, escaped, saw most of his buddies shot down by the Nazis in cold blood said it best:

"A person can experience too much."

That guy, by the way, was one of the actors in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas," starring Burt Reynolds. Charles Durning. Check him out.

We are asking too much of our ICU people. Come on, do your part.

Simon and Garfunkel..........Really? where's my ignore button?

My ICU buddy tells it like this, he feels they're more of a hospice than a place that actually gets you better when the surges hit.

Simon and Garfunkel..........Really? where's my ignore button?

My ICU buddy tells it like this, he feels they're more of a hospice than a place that actually gets you better when the surges hit.
Could have Barry Manilow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu