What is your favorite duck load?

My favorite load for ducks is buffered #4 copper plated lead, 3" mag 12 g. My favorite load for geese, and the best load of all time, is 10g 3 1/2 inch, buffered, #4 lead buckshot.

Of course, none of these have been legal since the late 80's. Nothing kills a high flying honker faster that 00 Buck!

.20 gauge 6 shot, ic choke. My buddie has used a .28 gauge 7 shot for 15 years. 6 shot has twice the bbs as 3 shot and it takes 1 bb to put a duck down. My best this year was 10 shots for a limit.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
.20 gauge 6 shot, ic choke. My buddie has used a .28 gauge 7 shot for 15 years. 6 shot has twice the bbs as 3 shot and it takes 1 bb to put a duck down. My best this year was 10 shots for a limit.
What distance are you shooting your ducks at?

How many deer have you taken with a .380 though that’s a true measure of greatness

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu