What is your favorite duck load?

Yes, my buddy has lived in merced co. His whole life. Reloaded .28 gauge steel till it became avaiable. I am a 2x state trap champ , reloaded 40, 000 rounds on a poness reliader, less cost.and this dude is anazing vs. My .20 gauge. Many private clubs in the valley are doing .20 gauge or less to stop skybusting. Takes 1 pellett and 6 shot is the key for any gauge, ic choke.
I have 2,000 rounds of 6 shot .20 gauge steel at home now. 2 3/4 btw. Also lots of 7 shot steel for dove/quail for the C.r.i.t.

I have 2,000 rounds of 6 shot .20 gauge steel at home now. 2 3/4 btw. Also lots of 7 shot steel for dove/quail for the C.r.i.t.

Why shoot steel on the C.R.I.T., when its not required?....Pretty sure 6's & 7's only come in 2 3/4".... ;)

ps...I don't know what kind of ducks you shoot, but one pellet doesn't cut it for me...:joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Why shoot steel on the C.R.I.T., when its not required?....Pretty sure 6's & 7's only come in 2 3/4".... ;)

ps...I don't know what kind of ducks you shoot, but one pellet doesn't cut it for me...:joy:
Faststeel 2.0 sells 3 inch or 2 3/4 6 shot steel. Steel is required to duck hunt on the creet and for dove/quail i shoot all steel, i dont want that 1 round of lead on me when i jump back to ca. I no longer use any lead even for rifle rounds. Most states will go this way shortly. Eagles pecking on lead in birds and deer? Not cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another posting we southern cal residents need not to relate. Wisconsin is another planet.

I wanted @NBK to hunt another planet but he was busy playing with a puppy

Reactions: NBK
I shot some #5 kent Teal steel last season and the shit was deadly. Even on longer shots, stone dead. Not sure why but I killed a lot more ducks last year going 2 sizes smaller.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu