Whoa...!! I did NOT know even that they Got that BIG!!!

from now on I will just lead with this.

This could quite possibly be the best post ive ever had the pleasure to view...and ive viewed alot..would you mind if i snagged this and passed it around abit where it is so dearly needed these days? Thank you brother.

Reactions: Kellendv and TRICER
This could quite possibly be the best post ive ever had the pleasure to view...and ive viewed alot..would you mind if i snagged this and passed it around abit where it is so dearly needed these days? Thank you brother.
I'll be looking for it.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Not sure about human eating bird but, a guy in Florida was killed by his pet Cassowary. I don't think it ate him.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGDog
Not sure about human eating bird but, a guy in Florida was killed by his pet Cassowary. I don't think it ate him.
It pecked him to death from what ive read...the shear horror of being pecked to death by a giant bird...way worse than being eaten by a bear or a d16 mountain lion(with or without a sidearm) in my opinion.
The shear horror..poor guy..damn..

Ok guys give it break. :(
Do we really need to do this....
Let's be be professional , we are all brothers here. According to the Creator.
I am longbowhunter , I look out at the horizon. And my ancestors are sad. We need to do better.
We are human beings.

Reactions: TRICER
BTW... thank you again @GUNDOGLOVER, the Elk just got pulled out of the Toaster Oven, 6 minutes each side @275 F with Olive Oil Bursh-On. House smells amazing! Again, thank you, and I hope the barrel serves you well!
Already put fifty rounds through it. I started with my.223 barrel but the guy at the indoor range said it was a little on the loud side so I switched over to the .357. Not to much better eating than Elk. Though I think hatch is rather fond of Javelina.

You know how i role GD...i dont get out much..so anything harvested is definitely going to the table..or to lloyd..no quarter givin.

So how did that .357 barrel do? I noticed he'd filed down the front sight blade a bit, so I was concerned about that. Was it sighted in decently?

Last edited:
P.S. How old was the person who got pecked to death??

I mean, I know those large birds are no slouches in the strength department, but still that seems rather odd that some critter with a long strangle-able neck like that would get the drop on an adult human like that.

If you have to ask... right?

Shoot, I guess I’m not getting a Christmas card this year huh? Dang it. Well, there’s still hope for the rest of you!

Larry, you just keep being you. You seem to be integrating yourself into the community really nicely. I think all this passive aggressive whiny drivel goes over really well. I mean, name-calling, over sarcasm.... Who would have thought of such a novel response?

Reactions: BOWUNTR
BTW... thank you again @GUNDOGLOVER, the Elk just got pulled out of the Toaster Oven, 6 minutes each side @275 F with Olive Oil and spices Brush-On. House smells amazing! Again, thank you, and I hope the barrel serves you well!
This is cool! Trading barrels for meat there is something primitive about it. I like it.

Shoot, I guess I’m not getting a Christmas card this year huh? Dang it. Well, there’s still hope for the rest of you!

Larry, you just keep being you. You seem to be integrating yourself into the community really nicely. I think all this passive aggressive whiny drivel goes over really well. I mean, name-calling, over sarcasm.... Who would have thought of such a novel response?

Passive? Damn.. I'm gonna have to step up my game! Yeah... I guess I'm funny like that. Call me crazy... but I try my best to hold my "tongue" at first and not to say isht I wouldn't be willing to say to a persons face within arms distance. Not that someone such as yourself would notice... but if you go back... I try *many* times to drop subtle hints and use light-hearted humor and mis-direction to attempt to make the other persons take heed and change their ways... persuade the other person to change course in their ways by calling attention to what they were doing and how it is uncalled for.

But.. well... when they consistently don't... and get a wild hair up their butt and make the poor decision that it's somehow Ok to start messin' with me on a personal level?... when I've never done anything of like and kind to them?... well... that's when things have to change.

Larry shot an elk??? I missed that...

It's true, if you don't have pics of the giant bird... it never happened. ed F

Reactions: HATCHET1
Duly noted.

Wait...no ban? Oh well hell, tell me right now what I can and can't get away with then! I need to know where my throttle limiter is set at so the next time these mental midgets try to "take it there" I can know just how bad I can dig back at 'em.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu